PDA

View Full Version : Ridgid Oscillating Sander Question

Tim Robert
01-21-2010, 9:21 AM
I recently bought this machine and had a little bit of time to get it out of the box last night. Haven't had a chance to use it but I did have a question to those who own one - is your folding table (when at 90 to the spindle) level with the fixed sanding portion of the table? Mine is slightly higher all the way across. Just wondering if that's the way they are.

Thanks,
Tim

Joe Scharle
01-21-2010, 9:27 AM
Part of the setup is to level the table.

Tim Robert
01-21-2010, 9:32 AM
I didn't get a chance to fidgit with it, but I saw the adjustment to square it to 90. Did I miss one on leveling it also? I guess that wouldn't surprise me since it was late

Bill Huber
01-21-2010, 9:53 AM
Yes my table is just a very little higher then the other part of the sander. There is no adjustment on the height of the table just the angle. The main thing is to set the stop screws and then spring so that when you bring the table up it is at 90 degrees.

I have never found this to be a problem, the wood is on the table when sanding so I have never worried about it.

Remember you are just sanding something not cutting it to square or anything like that.

Tim Robert
01-21-2010, 10:02 AM
That's good, I don't feel stupid now. I didn't think there was anything that could level it but it's always possible to miss something. I also couldn't see where it would be an issue since the wood would be on the main table anyways. Thanks