PDA

View Full Version : Quest for a 12" jointer

rob louvasz
01-20-2010, 7:20 PM
Does anyone know of a 12" jointer for sale in the NE Ohio area? I've been looking for a while and it just seems that the ones I find are on the other side of the US. I'd prefer an old US made (Crescent, Moak, etc.)

Van Huskey
01-20-2010, 7:24 PM
Does anyone know of a 12" jointer for sale in the NE Ohio area? I've been looking for a while and it just seems that the ones I find are on the other side of the US. I'd prefer an old US made (Crescent, Moak, etc.)

Have you tried exfactory.com? If you want big ole industrial iron it is better than CL by a mile. The prices aren't give away but they usually have a lot of serious iron.

tyler mckenzie
01-20-2010, 10:20 PM
are you acquainted with owwm Dot org? Go to the B.o.y.d. section and put out a 'Want to Buy' ad. Good people over there.

Frank Drew
01-21-2010, 1:39 AM
Rob,

If you've got the time, patience will probably pay off; I'm talking several months, not years, of course. In addition to looking for what you want from a private seller, call some used woodworking equipment dealers in the larger Ohio cities (you can probably find their yellow pages in your local library.)

Do you have, or can you get 3 phase? Or are you willing to get a phase converter or VFD?

Some other brands to look for: Oliver, Northfield, Newman, Porter.