PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Rose Hamacher
10-19-2004, 12:15 PM
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and need someone to clue me in on how to view the attachments. There are little paperclips at the end of the messages but no little icons to click on.

Thanks,
Rose

Ted Shrader
10-19-2004, 12:37 PM
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and need someone to clue me in on how to view the attachments. There are little paperclips at the end of the messages but no little icons to click on.

Thanks,
Rose

Hi Rose -

Welcome to the Creek. A nice, friednly place to hang out.

To dispaly the pictures (which show as the attachment paper clip), go to the User CP tab. Then in the User Options section, go down and ensure the Display Images is checked. That option is available to those with slower internet connections to improve down load speeds by not getting the pictures.

Welcome!!

Regards,
Ted

Rose Hamacher
10-19-2004, 1:01 PM
Thanks Ted - Unfortunately I am still doing something wrong (story of my life!). I made sure the Display Images was checked and I still only see an empty box under the messages where there should be pictures. I have a fast cable connection to the internet so that can't be holding them up. Any other clues?

Regards,
Rose

Ted Shrader
10-19-2004, 2:55 PM
Rose -

What browser are you using? If IE of some type, make sure it is up to date. I use Mozilla Firefox (a great browser without po-ups and minimally susceptible to viruses - but I digress). The pics show up on both browsers.

In IE try this: Pull down the Tools menu, then click on Internet Options. Select the Advanced tab. In the Multimedia section check everything but Show Image Download Placeholders.

If you have a firewall or other security program look through the various options there to ensure that pictures are enabled.

Good luck,
Ted

Tyler Howell
10-19-2004, 4:56 PM
Welcome to the Creek Rose. Glad to have a new wader.;)

Chuck Burke
10-19-2004, 5:13 PM
Hi Rose,
I second what Tyler said. Welcome to the creek, please feel free to get wet. Lots of great folks here and lots of help too.

Chuck Burke
Pacific LaZer Works
Woodinville WA.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-19-2004, 9:49 PM
Welcome to the 'Creek Rose! Jump in the water's fine!

Rose Hamacher
10-20-2004, 11:26 AM
Hi all,

Thanks for your warm welcome!

Through much frustration and looking under all the rugs for the problem, I am finally able to view the attachments! Yeah! The problem appeared to be related to a McAffee component. They were censoring what I could see, bless their (expensive) little hearts. So anyway, I am good to go now and can see what I had been missing.

Regards,
Rose

Ted Shrader
10-20-2004, 12:44 PM
Great!!!

Ted

Kevin Huffman
10-21-2004, 9:59 AM
Welcome Aboard.

Charles McKinley
10-22-2004, 12:28 AM
Welcome Rose,

I hope you like our little corner of the web and contribute often. It a great place to hang out.