PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly 15" planer owners

Paul Ryan
01-20-2010, 6:58 PM
Hey fellas I need a big favor. Can some one with the cast iron extension tables on a Grizzly G0453 or 453Z planer please measure the mounting bolt spacing. What I need to know is how far from the edge of the edge of the table is the 1st and last bolt hole, and how far away from the outter holes is the center hole. I understood from some one else that the holes are oval so just measure to the center if you could. I would like to buy grizzly tables to bolt on a powermatic planer. The machines apear identical but I would like to make sure. Thanks much!

Scott Francis
01-20-2010, 8:28 PM
G0453

Outside edges of infeed table to center of 1st hole is 1-1/4".
Outside edge to center of center hole is 7-1/2"
So 6-1/4" from center of two outside holes to center hole.
Hope this helps. If you need to know anything else let me know.

Yes, the holes are oval to allow for adjustment.

Scott

Paul Ryan
01-20-2010, 10:20 PM
Scott.

Thanks for the measurements. It appears the holes for the powermatic are a bit different. The outer holes are exactly 1" farther to the center. Not that big of a deal I could drill new holes for the outside as long as 1 matches up.

It never occured to me how about the verticle spacing. I would assume they are directly in the center of the casting. Equal distance from the top to the bottom?

glenn bradley
01-20-2010, 10:33 PM
Sounds like you're in luck. It is when the holes almost line up that it is a pain. When they are far enough off, you just drill your own. CI drills very easily.

Scott Francis
01-20-2010, 10:37 PM
Paul,

When viewed from under the table they are centered. 3/4" from the underside of the table and 3/4" from the bottom of the the table.

If you were to take the infeed table off the planer and measure from the top of the table to the center of the hole it would be 1" from the top "surface" and 3/4" from the bottom so not centered in that regard.

Hope this makes sense. I wasn't sure if you were including the thickness of the surface or not. Again, the holes are oval so you do have some play if trying to line up the center hole.

Scott

Paul Ryan
01-20-2010, 11:03 PM
It appears that might kill the deal. I just went out and measured my holes. They are 3/4" from the top surface of the planer bed and about 1' from the bottom edge of the bed. That sucks, it would have saved me $80 buying them from grizzly. Thanks for the help Scott.