PDA

View Full Version : Hawk Scroll Saws

Thomas Hotchkin
01-20-2010, 1:16 AM
FYI: to all those that might be wondering about the Hawk scroll saw. The company was recently purchased by Bushton Manufacturing. For customer service you can call 620-562-3557. (http://www.rbiwoodtools.com/) I had a vibration problem with my 220-3 model and they were extremely helpful. I had a call back with an answer within 20 minutes of my initial call!

Chris Tsutsui
01-20-2010, 7:03 AM
Thanks for the tip

BTW, I have a RBI 220 VS, and was wondering what your solution was to the vibrating.

I believe that mine has acceptable vibration considering it doesn't really prevent me from cutting what I want to cut, but I still want to hear what RBI had to say about it. :)

I really like the Hawk, I was able to make this simple ornament out of a single piece of pine so that the grain matches up. I also was able to cut out those letters out of a thin piece of maple. (Pics below)

Thomas Hotchkin
01-20-2010, 11:17 PM
Chris, my vibration was at high speed. I disassembled the vibration dampener and found that a set screw had backed off one of the two dampeners. My question to Bushton Manufacturing was on the needed timing when repositioning the dampeners and aligning with the lower arm position. On my saw, I was told the output shaft to the lower arm needed to be either straight up or straight down and the two dampener pointers are set at 180 degrees from the output shaft position. It worked like a charm. Not sure if your saw is the same but it might be worth looking into.
Tom

Jon Lanier
01-20-2010, 11:49 PM
I really appreciate the information. I have a G4 and love it.