PDA

View Full Version : Good movie to see

Dave Lehnert
01-19-2010, 4:19 PM
I am not a movie person at all but have some gift cards from X-mas to use.
Is "The Blind Side" worth seeing?

Any other movies a must see?

Jerome Hanby
01-19-2010, 4:22 PM
If you want something fun, Avatar is a good flick. Definitely one to see in the best theater you have available.

Brian Brown
01-19-2010, 10:12 PM
Yes. Blind Side is definitely worth seeing. A nice feel good movie.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-19-2010, 10:15 PM
My wife went to see "The Blind Side" with a girl friend. She offered to go back and see it again with me. She said it was surprisingly good.

Brian Effinger
01-19-2010, 10:34 PM
My wife & I saw The Blind Side a couple weeks ago. I didn't think I'd really care for it, but found it to be surprisingly good. Get's ya in the heart, and that little kid is good for some laughs.

Mike Cruz
01-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Haven't seen Blind Side yet, I'll wait for DVD on that. But +1 for Avatar in the theater. If your local theater has it in 3D, do it. They have come a long way from the red and blue glasses of old. The glasses are polarized...look like retro 50's black frame glasses.

My wife and I just saw Up in the Air the other night. I was pleasantly surprised with this one. Funny, with a good message. It is a sign of the times movie.

Jeff Bratt
01-20-2010, 1:01 AM
We saw "The Blind Side" and were very pleasantly surprised - definitely worth seeing.

+2 for Avatar in the theaters, especially in 3D - and IMAX. It's quite an experience.

Matt Ranum
01-20-2010, 9:02 AM
I wasn't looking forward to go see the blind side except for the fact that Sandra Bullock was in it:rolleyes::)

However it is a very good movie and I told the wife we were going to buy it on dvd when it was out. Oh and Sandra is smokin' as a blonde.:D

Pat Germain
01-20-2010, 10:57 AM
I recommend seeing Avatar in 3D IMAX, if possible. The story is "Pocahontas Meets Dances With Eight Foot Smurfs". But the visuals are so good, it's worthwhile.

I also really liked Up In the Air.

Haven't yet seen The Blind Side. Thanks for the recomendations.

Ethan Vos
01-20-2010, 6:48 PM
Anyone who has ever dealt with foster kids will experience Blind Side a little differently. While it is a nice feelgood story, that is how those of us who foster live (not including all the money though). The flashbacks of being dragged from home and birth mother, kids moving from one home to another to another, the kids being labeled as stupid, etc. are very real.

Paul Ryan
01-20-2010, 10:33 PM
I am a football fan if you didn't already know. I played football for 12 years. I wasn't in the least interested in seeing the "blind side" at 1st, it looked like a chick flick to me. But once I realized it was a true story about Michael Oher, I was interested. It was a good movie. As others have said a feel good movie. I have more respect for that young man, than ever before. He had a very good rookie season.

Jim Rimmer
01-20-2010, 10:55 PM
Sherlock Holmes is really good. First time in a long time that I wanted to see it again right after I had seen it. There is so much going on that I feel like I missed some.

Paul Ryan
01-20-2010, 11:35 PM
Good call Jim,

I forgot about Sherloc Holmes that was good as well. I'm not sure what one I would see between the "Blind Side" and "Sherloc" tough call.