PDA

View Full Version : Peachtree corner clamps

Cal Noguchi
01-19-2010, 10:29 AM
I just received an email ad for Peachtree corner clamps. I'm interested in something like this since I've been doing a lot of 45 degree mitered corners. Has anybody had any experience with these clamps or do you have any recommendation for this type of clamp?

Thanks,

Cal

Bill Huber
01-19-2010, 1:11 PM
Not sure which ones you are talking about.

Could you put a link or give a description of them?

Ray Newman
01-19-2010, 1:23 PM
I have the older Bessey corner clamps and they are definitely handy to have, esp. when dealing with a large carcase or box.

I don't know anything about the quality of the PeachTree corner clamps.But they look like a Bessey clone.

Cal Noguchi
01-19-2010, 1:55 PM
Not sure which ones you are talking about.

Could you put a link or give a description of them?

Bill

Here's a link to the Peachtree clamps

http://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_011910.htm

Cal

Ben Franz
01-27-2010, 7:36 PM
I got the same email offer and decided to spring for a set of 4 clamps plus 2 of the table clamps. They arrived a couple of days ago and at first glance they are well made and perfectly usable. The table clamps are flimsy and probably not worth buying. I read somewhere about using the Rockler fence clamps instead but I haven't checked to see if they fit. Not sure if it's even worth trying since assembly of a frame or box would oly allow one corner to be fixed at a table edge. Net out, each clamp with shipping about $17.50 - listed in the PT catalogue at $20 + shipping.

Joe Von Kaenel
01-28-2010, 12:46 PM
Cal,

I bought the Bessy version of these clamps and found they didn't hold miter corners tight enough. At least for making picture frames so I took them back to Lowes. Hope this helps.

Joe

Paul Johnstone
01-28-2010, 2:49 PM
I just received an email ad for Peachtree corner clamps. I'm interested in something like this since I've been doing a lot of 45 degree mitered corners. Has anybody had any experience with these clamps or do you have any recommendation for this type of clamp?

Thanks,

Cal

For mitered corners, I'd recommend a spring clamp, similiar to these.
The divot they leave is pretty small, if you are careful on applying them (so there's not massive pressure). Practice on scrap.. Even so, worse case, you get a divot about the size of a 18 guage nail that is easily filled

oh, I just remembered that I can not link. I forget the name of my brand, but do a search on Maestro clamp and you will see an example .. Don't know if that brand is good or not.

glenn bradley
01-28-2010, 3:10 PM
I have a set of four (Bessey or Jet, maybe?) and use them about once a year. The table-clamps are a definite plus. I have moved to other ways of doing these things but, there are times they are handy. If I had not gotten them way back when, I probably would not get them now but, that's me and what I do in the shop; YMMV.

Leo Vogel
01-28-2010, 7:40 PM
I to bought Bessy version of these clamps and found they didn't hold miter corners tight enough. I should of taken them back to the store.

Larry Frank
01-28-2010, 8:30 PM
I bought a set of the Peachtree corner clamps and they seem to work as well as any other ones. They are heavy and you can really tighten them.

I use them along with other clamps when making larger drawers. They keep the corners perpendicular while other clamps are used to make certain that the corners are pulled in tight.