PDA

View Full Version : Vector dog art needed

bill gervais
01-18-2010, 10:25 PM
Hi all,
I have several ideas and am looking for good quality vectors of the common breeds of dogs. I have read the recent post on laserbuz i think it was. Would any one no of other sources? I did find some art work by a Roger Kimbee who has some unbelievable work! Does anyone know if his collections are for sale, if so were? I could not seem to come up with much other then products with his art. Anyone have any dog vectors they they might want to share?

Dave Russell Smith
01-18-2010, 11:32 PM
Give Frank Corker a PM he is the master of vector collections.

Tom Bull
01-19-2010, 1:32 AM
There are a lot of dogs on the Corel x3 disc.

Stuart Orrell
01-19-2010, 4:06 AM
Hi Bill,

There is some public domain dog art at http://www.pdclipart.org/thumbnails.php?album=23

Not a consistent theme but a reasonable selection within this collection to get started. I haven't used them myself but hope to try them soon.

Good luck!

Roy Nicholson
01-19-2010, 5:04 AM
I'll have to pm you

Regards

Roy N.

Scott Challoner
01-19-2010, 9:36 AM
Nice collection Roy. Thanks for sharing.

Ruben Salcedo
01-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Check this site (http://www.aheadgraphics.com/commercial.htm)

Ruben

bill gervais
01-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Thanks Ruben great site!

Steven Wallace
01-21-2010, 8:08 AM
When someone sends you a zipped file of images and you open it, all you see are the file names which may or may not give you any clue to what the image is. Is there a way to view thumbnails of the files or something like that rather than going through and opening each individual file? Just curious.

Mike Chance in Iowa
01-21-2010, 10:49 PM
Is there a way to view thumbnails of the files or something like that rather than going through and opening each individual file? Just curious.

There are several programs out there both free and for purchase. ACDSeePro, ST Thumbnails Explorer, Irfanview to name a few.

Ruben Salcedo
01-22-2010, 7:49 AM
There is also a program call ROMcat and is free you can get it here (http://www.unleash.com/articles/romcat/)

Ruben

bill gervais
01-26-2010, 5:05 PM
Hi Ruben,

Thanks again for the ahead graphics web site. The few samples of head shots in gray scale look great on their website. Have you dealt with them directly or used there graphics? This appears to be the best quality that I have come across to date.

Thanks,
Bill

Ruben Salcedo
01-26-2010, 5:59 PM
Bill,
no, I have not used them yet, it just happen that I'm planing to bring dogs in to my line of products and had just spend tons of time searching for graphics and found this web site when I was about to give up, then the next day I saw this threat and see that you were in the same situation as me and decide to share it. :)
I do agree with you about the quality, it seems to be a good quality and a great selection, I hope they don't disappoint us later. If you buy them first will you share your experience? Thanks.

Ruben

bill gervais
01-26-2010, 6:40 PM
Ruben, I most definitely will share the experience if i decide to do it. I am particularly interested in the gray scale images. I am still looking but have not found anything better.

Ed Maloney
01-26-2010, 6:48 PM
Speaking of dogs. Here's a photo of a sample I did for a customer from their artwork. She gets a photo from a customer then hand paints it using the photo as a reference. She then sent me a great quality scan of the resulting work. Not much for me to do on my end given the quality of the files.