PDA

View Full Version : Avatar change

Rodne Gold
01-18-2010, 4:06 AM
My beloved Corvette looks like this now
So I am changing my AVATAR to my face - dunno which one is the uglier picture

Dan Hintz
01-18-2010, 7:21 AM
Well, that's a real shame, right there... the vette, not your pic ;) Did you zig when you should have zagged?

Chuck Stone
01-18-2010, 8:16 AM
I'm very sorry about your avatar. :p

Mike Null
01-18-2010, 8:48 AM
Rodney

Sorry, but I don't know of any good cosmetic surgeons. :D

Rodne Gold
01-18-2010, 9:01 AM
Some drunk guy skipped a red light , he's not insured and neither was I. No one hurt.
So , some Rhinoplasty required..........
Im prolly going to have to import a whole vette front end and graft it on , I can get the panels from Ecklers but its the mounting stuff thats gonners , I drove the car 3 miles home so it's ok re steering and engine.
Ah well....

John Noell
01-18-2010, 1:25 PM
Ouch! My condolences.

Mitchell Andrus
01-18-2010, 2:55 PM
Two words.....

DUCT TAPE. Don't forget to vent for airflow.

Belinda Barfield
01-18-2010, 3:35 PM
Like the new Avatar, sorry about the car. I remember how sick I was the day my 'vette was totaled, and all I had to do was go right down the street and pick up a new one. Good luck getting the parts and getting your baby back up and running.

George M. Perzel
01-18-2010, 5:36 PM
Hi Rodne;
Anything we can do on this side of the pond-let me know-major 'Vette place just down the road from me and plenty of parts in NY junkyards nearby.
Best regards;
George
LaserArts

Frank Corker
01-18-2010, 5:58 PM
Sorry about your nose matey, looks okay on the photo, more than I can say for your motor which is looking pretty sad.

Brian Robison
01-18-2010, 9:38 PM
George,
I think I remember hearing about the Vette place in Victor, I may have been by there a time or two.
Rodney, upgrade to a Cobra!

James Rambo
01-18-2010, 9:59 PM
Sorry for the vette. Glad to hear no one was hurt. I wish you luck in getting all the parts needed I'm sure you can get it in like new shape before I do mine. Only 5 yeas so far.

rich shepard
01-18-2010, 11:33 PM
Ouch east coast rust. Might be ahead coming out west and getting a rust free body then fixing that one sorry to say.
Rodne is lucky that his is fiberglass a good man could bond it back together just takes time. Plus custom race parts might be easier to find down under.

Rodne Gold
01-19-2010, 1:47 AM
I might take you good folk up on your offer to help , basically I'm looking for a 1980 corvette complete front clip and my problem is I'm like 10 000 miles away so cant view anything....
At any rate , I have some other cars that need repairs so am most likely going to leave the vette alone for a while and have a look at it at the end of this year - I promised my wife a cruise from Rio to Antarctica in December 2010 so will have to apply funds to that...

Mike Null
01-19-2010, 7:25 AM
there are hundreds of Corvette clubs is the US and they used to be made here is St. Louis so if I can be of any help tracking anything down for you just give a holler.

Mitchell Andrus
01-19-2010, 8:00 AM
- I promised my wife a cruise from Rio to Antarctica in December 2010....

?? I don't think there are many 'Vettes in either Rio or Antarctica. Perhaps you could take a cruise to Reedsville, PA instead.

http://www.corvetteamerica.com/

Belinda Barfield
01-19-2010, 8:56 AM
I might take you good folk up on your offer to help , basically I'm looking for a 1980 corvette complete front clip and my problem is I'm like 10 000 miles away so cant view anything....
At any rate , I have some other cars that need repairs so am most likely going to leave the vette alone for a while and have a look at it at the end of this year - I promised my wife a cruise from Rio to Antarctica in December 2010 so will have to apply funds to that...

Rodne,

These guys are our business "neighbors". They typically do full restoration but might be able to help you out. Not sure what it would cost to get the front clip to you. If they have what you need I would be happy to run over and snap photos for you, etc. They will send photos I'm sure, but you might want someone to have a looksee for you.

They have one Sweet '63 split window but it isn't on the website. I am absolutely in love with that car!

http://jenjacs.com/showroom.php

James Rambo
01-19-2010, 6:00 PM
This is a place here in florida I've been to. Used to have pictures of different areas of the yard. But they have not rebuilt the web pages yet. http://www.oldgoldcars.com/