PDA

View Full Version : epilog 64 bit drivers

joseph zalewski
01-17-2010, 7:30 PM
Has anyone downloaded the epilog drivers for 64 bit operating system yet? Right now I'm using there beta version and seems to be OK. Just wondering how it's working if they have any glitches in the new version.

Tim Bateson
01-17-2010, 8:15 PM
I've been using it for the last month or so with Win7. It won't work at 1200dpi. Epilog thinks it's my Corel X3. I'm not so sure as Photoshop fails at 1200dpi as well.
Other than that it's fantastic & light years better than the beta.

joseph zalewski
01-17-2010, 8:55 PM
Thanks Tim. Since I'm off I figured that I may as download it that way if there's any trouble I could give them a call. I will let you know how the 1200 dpi is working with X4. I use 1200 very rare I dont beleive I tried it with the beta.

Tim Bateson
01-17-2010, 9:46 PM
1200dpi didn't work with the beta driver either - at least not with my setup. Seldom used, but every now & then I find it useful for a very deep engraving in a single pass. Due to it's speed (lack of), it's not an option you would use very often.

rich shepard
01-18-2010, 3:04 AM
I'm using them with windows 7 only thing I don't like it they will not read the old 32 bit setting files. That and I find it is saving new ones in two places and does not do it the same place every time. Might just be me but I have to go looking for it the next time I need it.
rich

Dan Hintz
01-18-2010, 7:18 AM
Still jealous you guys even have a 64-bit version...

Tim Bateson
01-18-2010, 7:51 AM
I'm using them with windows 7 only thing I don't like it they will not read the old 32 bit setting files. That and I find it is saving new ones in two places and does not do it the same place every time. Might just be me but I have to go looking for it the next time I need it.
rich
The new 64bit driver WILL use all of your 32bit settings. Prior to this release you had to either re-do or convert them.

Scott Shepherd
01-18-2010, 8:19 AM
Still jealous you guys even have a 64-bit version...

Dan, there is a new driver out. Not sure if it's the 64 bit or not, but it's worth checking. Last I heard of it was it was at Microsoft waiting to be signed and that was some time ago. I'm not in the 64 bit world, so I haven't followed it closely, but I know it's out there. A phone call might get it for you, beta or otherwise.

Dan Hintz
01-18-2010, 8:25 AM
Steve,

I don't believe ULS has had their 32-bit drivers verified by MS up to this point. In regards to the thread months back about all 64-bitters needing to be verified, I would say this is a reasonable sign that this particular driver is 64-bit.

At least I hope so. Granted, I'm in no desperate need for it at this very moment, but I would prefer it was ready for prime time before I needed it.

joseph zalewski
01-18-2010, 9:53 AM
I would still be with 32 bit but my son droped a contanier of cd's on my laptop screen. So you could only view half of the screen, other side was black. So in my infinite wisdom (LOL) I figured I'd renew to 64 bit. Not my brightest thought. It was a nightmare on drivers. I should have stayed with 32 bit my computer dosen't seem much better with 64 just a little faster. Hey thanks for all of the help you folks are the greatest.

rich shepard
01-18-2010, 11:46 PM
The new 64bit driver WILL use all of your 32bit settings. Prior to this release you had to either re-do or convert them.

This is what I got from Ian the other day.
( but if you upgraded operating systems from a 32bit to a 64bit operating
system then you will not be able to update those config files.

Thank you,
Ian)

So slowing redoing them as needed.

donald bugansky
01-19-2010, 12:07 AM
Guys,

I'm curious about the questions/anticipation relative to the 64 bit print driver. As the print engine/API is really simplistic in terms of CPU/RAM management, other than possible future operating system compatibility (only after 32 bit is abandoned which is way out there), what advantages do your perceive with the 64 bit driver?

Tim Bateson
01-19-2010, 6:32 AM
My OS is 64bit, so programs can be either 32 or 64bit, but drivers have to be 64bit.

Dan Hintz
01-19-2010, 7:45 AM
With a 64-bit OS, any interfacing with the outside world (i.e., hardware) needs to be done with a 64-bit driver.

Mike Ireland
01-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Universal does have a 64 bit driver for all M,V,X and VLS, PLS, and ILS models.

Dan Hintz
01-19-2010, 11:14 AM
Universal does have a 64 bit driver for all M,V,X and VLS, PLS, and ILS models.
Is this a beta, or a ready-for-production driver? Where can we get it?

And to ask the same question I always do... how come ULS doesn't list this kind of stuff on their webpage (or at least offer registered users access to an FTP site)?