PDA

View Full Version : coffeeshop shelves

keith zimmerman
10-18-2004, 3:45 PM
I just finished helping my Lady get her coffeeshop in Minneapolis opened. As part of that assistance, I was asked to build shelving units in the windows for display and security purposes. It was decided to use pine, mainly to hold down the cost. I built a total of six units in all, five in the windows and one in a fireplace mantle. The two front windows are 8' x 8' each and I built the shelves in place with nine sections, inserting the upright dividers into shallow dados to keep them in place.

She decided that the side windows only needed to be half the height of the windows so they are divided into four sections. One of them has only three sections because of a window air conditioner that the unit fits around. These were built from measurements only and, when reassembled on site, two of the units needed to be adjusted. One because the window sill was tapered, and one because one section has an air conditioner in it.

The sixth unit I built was free standing inside an antique fireplace mantle. it is a three shelf unit with edging on the front for rigidity. All the units are finished with Minwax Polyshades.

All in all, my Lady is very pleased with them and says they will do what they are intended for...displaying merchandise and window security. I'm pleased she is happy with them.

keithz

keith zimmerman
10-18-2004, 3:53 PM
here is a pic of the mantle shelves.

Gary Max
10-18-2004, 4:36 PM
I think the look great and should do the job. Glad she did not paint them white.

Tyler Howell
10-18-2004, 8:48 PM
Going to stop bye and check it out in person:D

Nice Keith

Dan Gill
10-19-2004, 8:56 AM
So, how is the pie?