http://www.sawmillcreek.org/articles/9

Comments welcome here in this thread!<!-- / message -->

Christopher Pine
10-18-2004, 3:28 PM
I love it! Very good Article!
Chris

John Miliunas
10-18-2004, 10:36 PM
Great article, Chris! AND, some real neat ideas. Gonna' have to try that on one of my projects. Heck, maybe I'll experiment on my shop cab. doors. :cool:

Chris Padilla
10-19-2004, 11:17 AM
Thanks, Jamie...nice lil' write-up! :)

Mark Singer
10-19-2004, 11:41 AM
Great article...very nice work and design. These are the details that give cabinets and furniture that custom -hand made look and feel! Excellent!

Betsy Yocum
10-19-2004, 1:33 PM
Great article Jaime - knobs look great -!

Ed Weiser
10-19-2004, 7:19 PM
Whenever we have embarked upon a construction project, whether it be a whole house, an office remodel or simply designing a room, careful and deliberate planning has always made the execution phase so much easier. Obviously Jamie's work demonstrates the same commitment. Again well done!!

Ed Weiser

Pat Monahan
10-20-2004, 2:17 AM
Great work, Jamie. Thanks for the pics - giving me ideas for future projects!

Garry Smith
10-04-2005, 4:31 PM
Good artical. Gave me some ideas for the future.

This summer I made a small sharpening station. I did not want any handles protruding from the front any more than need be. As a result I came up with a solution as shown on this link
http://www.superwoodworks.com/Projects/SharpeningStation.htm

Garry

Vaughn McMillan
10-06-2005, 8:39 PM
Thanks for the article Jamie, and thanks for the ideas. Nice examples, too. I hadn't thought of tapping hardwood for machine screws, but it makes good sense.

- Vaughn

Don Baer
10-07-2005, 1:24 PM
Thanks for the article Jamie, and thanks for the ideas. Nice examples, too. I hadn't thought of tapping hardwood for machine screws, but it makes good sense.

- Vaughn

Vaughn,
I do it all the time, typicaly a 10-32 screw works well and I get the ones with the big heads from my local ACE store. Or use fender washers.

Tom O'Donnell
02-06-2006, 6:01 PM
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">So Pleasing to some one else having a go at making individual handled for their cabinets so rewarding I trust you have seen a sample of my work
Tom
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Very

Jack Ferrell
02-19-2006, 1:10 PM
Excellent article. I thought about it, even had saved styrofoam. Now that I have some ideas, I'll go for it.