PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever order from Hartville Tool?

Donny Lawson
01-17-2010, 11:19 AM
I'm thinking about ordering me the Talon Oneway chuck from Hartville Tool next week.It comes with 4 DVD's and it's all priced at $204.00.Has anyone bought from them before?, is this a good deal?
Donny

Dick Strauss
01-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Donny,
Hartville Tool gives A-1 service IMO. I have ordered from them 3-4 times with no issues. I usually receive my shipments within two days (same state).

That price is about the same as others when you factor in the insert. However, the videos make it a good deal IMHO.

Gary Kvasnicka
01-17-2010, 11:42 AM
I don't know anything about the talon chuck, I only have experience with novas. I have purchased quite a bit from Hartville Tool... always great service & fast shipping.

Mike McDonough
01-17-2010, 11:43 AM
I have before,no worries.

Kyle Iwamoto
01-17-2010, 11:45 AM
I have ordered from them. They are great. We in Hawaii get killed for shipping, and they offer a "credit" for the same amount as the free shipping, so it costs a few dollars for shipping. Not a lot of companies do that. Their prices are amoung the lowest I've seen.
I do not know if that is a good deal for the chuck though.

Jim Sears
01-17-2010, 12:08 PM
Donny..You have a PM

Steve Schlumpf
01-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Been using Hartville for years and have always had excellent service! Highly recommend them!

Bernie Weishapl
01-17-2010, 12:32 PM
Highly recommend them. Have bought a lot of stuff from them over the years and excellent service.

Gordon Seto
01-17-2010, 12:46 PM
They have been the host for our Club for years till we outgrew the place. They were and still are very supportive. If you belong to a Club, ask your Club to sign up for the discount program. Each member who chooses to opt in would get 15% discount and your Club would get 3% kickback.

Jerome Hanby
01-17-2010, 2:21 PM
I've has good luck dealing with them. Really nice and helpful on the phone.

Philip Morris
01-17-2010, 4:06 PM
Donny,
Ditto others comments on Hartville's quality service. Their inventory is somewhat limited to some of the other turning suppliers, but they have excellent sales and service.

FWIW, I bought a Talon chuck from them last year during this same sale. I was not interested in the DVDs so they discounted the package by their cost on the DVDs.

Dan Forman
01-17-2010, 4:32 PM
Great place to do business with. They have some Sorby tools that aren't available anywhere else in the US.

Dan

Rob Cunningham
01-18-2010, 9:16 AM
I bought the same deal not that long ago. Everything was shipped out the same day and arrived that week. I've bought from them before and never had any problems.

Walt Bennett
01-18-2010, 10:44 AM
Don't know about the deal, but Hartville is one of the absolute best vendors around. I've purchased from them several times and there's only three others that compare.

Dave Halter
01-18-2010, 4:00 PM
I bought one of the Oneway chucks with DVD's last year and have ordered from them several times. Always good service. The Talon chucks are very nice.

Jamie Straw
01-18-2010, 7:02 PM
I'm thinking about ordering me the Talon Oneway chuck from Hartville Tool next week.It comes with 4 DVD's and it's all priced at $204.00.Has anyone bought from them before?, is this a good deal?
Donny
I jumped on the Talon deal when I got the mini-catalog, and I'm really glad I did! General feedback indicates it's a solid, quality chuck (I've loved it so far, but am new to turning), and the price including the DVD's was great. The Turning Wood DVD is excellent. I've watched it and the Turning Bowls (both are Raffan). Still have the other two DVDs to go.

Free shipping too. Can't see how you can go wrong with it!