PDA

View Full Version : Torit Dust Collector for Woodworking?

zayd alle
01-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Hello, folks.

Posting here to get a few more responses.

There's a local shop selling a Torit Model 19 dust collector, but it comes from a metalworking shop. Are these suited to be used for a woodshop? The cyclone shape looks narrower than a typical woodworking cyclone (pic here (http://sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=130052)).

From what I can telling looking around the web, it's probably a 2hp. I have a 3hp motor and blower I can probably adapt to it if I feel the need.

Would like to hear your thoughts... thanks!

Mike Heidrick
01-17-2010, 11:06 AM
I was just in a shop that had one and they used it with a 37" Performax drum sander and with dual hook ups on a huge edge sander amongst their ither tools. It worked great for them. Not sure of the hp but I imagine it was less than two. They had a large main line coming off it and then it was a maze of Nordfab.

Thomas Bennett
01-17-2010, 8:31 PM
I have one that looks just like the photo. I have used it with a 20 inch Buss planer and a 25 inch wide belt sander. Mine has a 3 hp motor. I also have a 7.5 hp version in another building for a molding machine. Torit is a great brand, as you probably already know.good luck!