PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request

James Carmichael
10-18-2004, 12:17 PM
In all honesty, I have not been much of a praying man these past few years, but I would like to ask fellow Creekers to include my father, Jack Carmichael, in their prayers.

Without going into a lot of detail, Dad has been ailing since having knee-replacement surgery in July '03. In May this year, a large, inoperable mass was discovered in his gut. It's been up and down with lots of hospital time since then. LOML and I visited yesterday with our toddler son to trim some trees and clean up the yard. Dad hardly moved from his chair and was extremely demure, as he's been for about the past month. When we got home, LOML and I talked it over and concluded he is just worn out and fear he's never going to get any better. Not even seeing his grandson, which has always brought him such joy, could stir Dad from his deep depression.

Thanks all!

Ken Fitzgerald
10-18-2004, 12:45 PM
You, your family and your Dad....in our thoughts & prayers!

Ted Shrader
10-18-2004, 1:13 PM
James -

Your dad and the rest of your family will be in our prayers. He is in a tough place right now with a lot on his mind. Hopefully it will all be sorted out soon.

Regards,
Ted

Roger Fitzsimonds
10-18-2004, 1:32 PM
We will add your Dad and family to our prayers.

Roger

Dan Gill
10-18-2004, 2:05 PM
I'll be praying for your father and your whole family.

Don Abele
10-18-2004, 6:14 PM
James, I am truly sorry to hear about your fathers current condition. We most certainly will be sure to include him (and the rest of your family) in our prayers. Hopefully all the positive energy he gets from SMC will help. This is a very loving and caring group of people - and you'd be amazed at what you can accomplish with just that :)

Be well,

Doc

Charles McKinley
10-18-2004, 7:28 PM
James,

We will pray for your Dad and your family.

Dennis Peacock
10-18-2004, 7:44 PM
James,

Not a problem there buddy.....we'll be praying for your dad and your family.

One thing I try to remember? One day, that person sitting there on the porch, just may be me and how I would like to be treated, loved and cared for when I get to that age by my own children.

Just love him, care for him and be his friend. One day, you won't regret doing just that. ;)

John Miliunas
10-18-2004, 9:45 PM
Got it covered, James! I'm sure it's equally not easy for you and your family to witness this regression as it is for him to endure it. Prayers all the way around coming your way! Keep the faith.

Dick Parr
10-18-2004, 10:22 PM
You, your dad and your family are in my prayers. I know what it is like being helpless to do anything.

Earl Reid
10-19-2004, 8:10 AM
James, You and your father will be in our thoughts and prayers. wishing you all the best.

Barbara and Earl

Randy Moore
10-19-2004, 8:37 AM
James,

You and your famly are in my prayers. I lost my dad about a year-n-half ago. I watched him go down hill. I spent as much time as I could with him-not near enough for me. They live in SW Missouri and I live in Olathe Ks.
Take the Grandkids over often or chase down some of his old friends. He might enjoy a vist with them. Like I said you and your family are in our prayers.
Hang in there and holler if you need something