PDA

View Full Version : Gardenia flower vector

Eric Seest
01-16-2010, 4:43 PM
Does anyone have a vector of a Gardenia, seen a few images on line but looking for a vector.

Bill Cunningham
01-16-2010, 8:10 PM
A Google 'line art' image search will usually provide something that the trace feature will convert to a vector..
Try this...
http://images.google.ca/images?q=Gardenia&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&ei=NWJSS_P3BIbl8Aby_vWZCg&gbv=2#start=0&imgtbs=t&imgtype=lineart&tbo=1

Roy Nicholson
01-17-2010, 5:58 AM
I put it in CDv10.

Regards

Roy N.

Eric Seest
01-17-2010, 5:27 PM
That will work. I finally found that one last night as well and did some changes to it. Had to learn how to make the trace tool work better for me, also used photo paint to improve it, had to remove the stem. Attached the file if anyone needs one without the stem.

Frank Corker
01-18-2010, 5:54 PM
The big issue I am having with a Gardenia is that I would have difficulty distinguishing it from a carrot! Eric I would have loved to respond to this because I literally have huge mb of floral stuff, only problem is that they are not named and Gardenias just look like roses to me. I have included a couple of things in this zip file but don't hold your breath to them being any good.

Frank Corker
01-18-2010, 5:54 PM
Hold that thought everyone. I've just been told that 9 out of 10 times a carrot is an orangey colour.

Eric Seest
01-18-2010, 6:24 PM
Thanks Frank, well I can't tell the difference between them either so that's where I rely on my wife to tell me the difference. In my opinion a flower is a flower.

Dan Hintz
01-19-2010, 7:22 AM
Frank,

No big shock there. Gardenias are a type of rose, so there's little chance of the average person not into botany (or at least rose gardens) telling the difference. I know I couldn't, and that's when the Borgs apply little stickers to the pots they're growing in.

Mike Null
01-19-2010, 7:40 AM
It may be part of the rose family but it looks nothing like a rose. Too bad you can't give it a smell test because the gardenia has one of the sweetest fragrances of all flowers.

Frank Corker
01-19-2010, 7:44 AM
Dan thanks for that, don't feel so stupid now, Mike I will make an effort to seek out one of these and check for myself!

Dan Hintz
01-19-2010, 7:47 AM
It may be part of the rose family but it looks nothing like a rose.
Your sense of detail is probably more acute than mine, then. Here's what I would call a "typical" Gardenia... looks pretty much like any other rose to me.

http://homepage.mac.com/shelobmarian/mypics/gardenia146_4645.jpg

Mike Null
01-19-2010, 9:09 AM
Dan

That does bear a resemblance to a rose but the foliage and the branches have nothing in common with the rose. Nor does the growing season. There are many varieties as there with are roses and the sizes and shapes vary.

If I just had a green thumb it could easily be my favorite flower.