PDA

View Full Version : Delta's Midi-Lathe

Greg Just
01-16-2010, 12:56 PM
There has been a lot of discussion here lately on Delta's new midi-lathe including cabinet construction. Just wanted to point out that the February edition of Popular Woodworking has a short one page review written by Glen Huey. Overall they give it a positive review and highlight the features like reversing, the 1 hp motor and 2 tool rests that are included. They go on to point out the variable speed ranges and the 24 positioning indexing. You might want to check it out. Not sure if the review is on their website.

I was at Woodcraft earlier today as they have a sale going on for 15% everything you can fit in a bag and between 8 and 9 you got 25% off one item. I picked up the Vari-grind jig for $41. While I was there, I looked at the Delta Lathe. While it looked well constructed mounted on Delta's stand, the price @ $599 plus another $150 for the bed extension and another $150 for the stand, the package seemed a little price IMHO. I'll be looking forward to the long term reviews provided in this forum. For now I'll stick with my older model Delta Lathe.

Jack Gaskins
01-16-2010, 1:07 PM
There has been a lot of discussion here lately on Delta's new midi-lathe including cabinet construction. Just wanted to point out that the February edition of Popular Woodworking has a short one page review written by Glen Huey. Overall they give it a positive review and highlight the features like reversing, the 1 hp motor and 2 tool rests that are included. They go on to point out the variable speed ranges and the 24 positioning indexing. You might want to check it out. Not sure if the review is on their website.

I was at Woodcraft earlier today as they have a sale going on for 15% everything you can fit in a bag and between 8 and 9 you got 25% off one item. I picked up the Vari-grind jig for $41. While I was there, I looked at the Delta Lathe. While it looked well constructed mounted on Delta's stand, the price @ $599 plus another $150 for the bed extension and another $150 for the stand, the package seemed a little price IMHO. I'll be looking forward to the long term reviews provided in this forum. For now I'll stick with my older model Delta Lathe.

For $779 from ToolNut you get the lahte, bed extension, Nova G3 chuck and a set of Delta mini turnining tools.

John Keeton
01-16-2010, 1:35 PM
For $779 from ToolNut you get the lahte, bed extension, Nova G3 chuck and a set of Delta mini turnining tools.And free shipping!!!