PDA

View Full Version : G1023SLWX table saw

Karl Card
01-15-2010, 8:37 PM
I might be looking for a new ts real soon. I have my eye on this one especially at 895 dollars. I am wondering if anyone else on the forum has one to give me some feedback. I think this is a left tilt saw so I am assuming this means the blad only tilts lift unlike my ryobi 3100. My ryobi has done well but I am going to be making kitchen cabinets soon for myself and I wan t a really solid topped table saw. I am also open to other saws in this price range that might be worth looking at also. I use alot of hard wood, (teak, brazilian walnut, australian jarrah etc) hence the 5 hp motor on this particular saw..

thanks for any info

Robert Reece
01-15-2010, 8:42 PM
No input on your question, but thanks for posting that you were talking about a tablesaw. Many folks just post the model number and we have no idea what it is about.

Karl Card
01-15-2010, 8:44 PM
i hear ya.

Derek Gilmer
01-15-2010, 8:44 PM
I might be looking for a new ts real soon. I have my eye on this one especially at 895 dollars. I am wondering if anyone else on the forum has one to give me some feedback. I think this is a left tilt saw so I am assuming this means the blad only tilts lift unlike my ryobi 3100. My ryobi has done well but I am going to be making kitchen cabinets soon for myself and I wan t a really solid topped table saw. I am also open to other saws in this price range that might be worth looking at also. I use alot of hard wood, (teak, brazilian walnut, australian jarrah etc) hence the 5 hp motor on this particular saw..

thanks for any info
I just finished dialing my slwx in and I love it. I got lucky and had almost zero adjustments to get it into alignment from the factory. The power is amazing. Granted I moved up from a horrible delta shopmaster saw but I love the grizzly. Smooth, pretty quiet and didn't even seem to notice when I was feeding cherry wood as fast as I could through it.

If you have any questions about it feel free to pm me. I also think John Keeton (lost to the lathe forums :) ) has one, or I remember seeing it in one of his posts.

Also, they have a shopfox clone for the same price with 5 hp. It does NOT have the router wing. If you are going to want it to be pretty mobile not having the router wing and the legs might be a plus.