PDA

View Full Version : Help me with a Router Fence

Mike Barton
01-15-2010, 8:20 PM
Hello

Long time lurker and love the forum. Finally got the kids through college and the shop ready to make some sawdust. I was lucky enough to get a VERY good deal (200.00) on an older but almost unused Delta Contractor TS that came with a Uni-Fence and and a table extension complete with a router. Gave my old used up Craftsman to a young neighbor and have never looked back.

Before I reinvent the wheel is there a simple way to use the existing Uni-Fence as a router fence ? I have done some searches and havent come up with anything specific.

Thanks.. Mike B

Jim Andrew
01-15-2010, 8:36 PM
Have a friend who uses his tablesaw fence also for his router. He built a wide table extension to the right of the saw, mounted his router in it and just slides the fence over and uses it for the router fence. Have to C clamp your featherboards to it, but should work for some jobs.

Derek Gilmer
01-15-2010, 8:48 PM
Maybe something like this: http://benchmark.20m.com/tools/Unisaw/UnisawUnifence/unisaw_unifence.html you could put it on the unused side of your fence instead of replacing the normal fence.