PDA

View Full Version : V Bullelin mofification request/suggestion

Ken Garlock
01-15-2010, 6:57 PM
First, I want to thank Arron for the mod to allow the selective masking of specific forums. I know you are busy with your piled higher and deeper work, thanks for taking the time to make the mod.

Suggestions:

1. Further enhance the selective masking mod to move the list of forums into the users profile. Life is simpler when you only have to click on "New Posts" to get the new posts instead of a list that has already been set.

2. Mod the user profile "statistics" to only retrieve the most recent posts, say last 10, made by the user. I use the statistics posting retrieve function to chase down posts that I have made and don't currently see on the new post search. It seems like a waste of CPU horse power to retrieve a couple thousand posts when only the last dozen is all that is really wanted.

Just a couple things that I request you put on your "to do someday" list. I hope other creekers agree.:)

Mike Henderson
01-15-2010, 7:42 PM
I do the same thing as Ken. When I want to find a thread that I posted in recently, I click on "Find all post" in my profile. This brings up a whole lot of posts that I'm not interested in which probably wastes CPU time searching, and definitely bandwidth to send the list to me.

Mike