PDA

View Full Version : Kindle 2 tip

Chuck Stewart
01-15-2010, 2:33 PM
If anyone got a Kindle2 e-book reader for Christmas and would like to read the daily paper (major publications), for free it's simple. Download the free app called Calibre. It converts your e-book to the format you want in case you want to purchase books from other sources than amazon, say like sony e-books or pdf documents or whatever and puts it in the Kindle format. First thing is to set your default convert to format to mobi or whatever it says for Kindlle. There's a fetch news icon that you click to set up a daily schedule to fetch the paper, in my case the chicago tribune and USA today. So first thing in the morning I crank up the beast and start calibre, then hit the fetch news. Now it's time to go take a shower and fix lunch cuz it can takes anywhere from ten to fifteen minutes to fetch both. Usually the trib takes longer for some reason. Come back and plug Kindle in usb and wait for calibre to recognize unit (icon will appear, my kindle). Highlight papers then click send to device. Papers will load, then click my kindle to release from calibre. Shut down computer, go to work, don't forget lunch