PDA

View Full Version : Which 12'' for new Milw.SCMS??

Matt Sollars
01-15-2010, 2:29 PM
When i purchased this at HD, it was a floor model and didn't come with a blade on it. After reading the threads here, i found out it SHOULD have come with one.
A quick call to customer service righted the situation, but now i'm wanting some advice.

When i thought i had to buy a blade, i bought the Diablo 80T blade. (red)

i'm planning on keeping that blade, but was wondering if there were any others (found at HD) that i should be picking up as my ''free'' one.

Cust. Serv. said to come in and get whatever 12'' blade i needed and they would take care of it.

So.....which one do i get, considering i have the 80T diablo already.

Thanks
MAtt

Leon Levan
01-15-2010, 3:56 PM
Matt,
Get this blade. I have it on my Milw. SCMS. Very good blade.

RIDGID 12 In. x 100 Tooth Ultimate Polished Finish Saw Blade

MFG Model # : R12100
MFG Part # : R12100
Home Depot SKU : 588945

Matt Sollars
01-15-2010, 3:59 PM
thanks Leon.....

any others like to chime in?!?!

thanks

Matt Sollars
01-15-2010, 9:06 PM
i can't believe this is so quiet considering how many just got purchased from HD's sale....

you guys aren't telling me they're still in the box....are you?!?!:D

matt

Jay Jeffery
01-16-2010, 12:20 AM
i can't believe this is so quiet considering how many just got purchased from HD's sale....

matt
Mine is, but then, I am not sure I'll be keeping it and I don't have anywhere to put it unless I sell a few other saws.

If they will give you the Rigid no-sanding-needed blade, by all means, get it!

Andrew Minear
01-16-2010, 8:29 AM

matt

Funny you should mention that, mine IS still in the box. :o

I'll open it up today and see if it will fit on the truck shelf where my Hitachi 10" SCMS is now. Might have to alter the shelf to get it in there.

Andrew

Brandon Weiss
01-16-2010, 8:58 AM
Matt,
I have the HD purchased Ridgid 50T blade on my Table Saw. I'm VERY pleased with its cut. So I have no doubts that you'll be pleased with the 100T version recommended. I also have the 80T Diablo on my Ridgid CMS. Very pleased with that as well. I don't think it compares to the Ridgid Blade's cut though.

I am comparing a TS cut to a CMS cut though....

Justin Freund
01-16-2010, 4:11 PM
I bought the Freud D1296N 96 tooth blade. So far I've only cut MDF and douglas fir with it but its done both exceptionally.

Bailey John
01-16-2010, 4:53 PM
isn't the Mil saw a 5/8 arbor but all 12" blades 1" arbor holes?

Justin Freund
01-16-2010, 10:58 PM
Its both. I'm not sure how but that's what it says. It fit the 1" arbor blade I had just fine.

Matt Sollars
01-17-2010, 8:09 PM
Update:
Went in today to get the blade that should have come with my Milw. SCMS. I went to get the Ridgid 100T but they didn't have ANY Ridgid blades in stock. I picked up the 12'' Freud Diablo 96T blade.

I'm guessing it will work very well and do everything I need it to do.

Thanks everybody for the input.

Matt

Ron Kellison
01-17-2010, 8:15 PM
Just make sure that the blade you get is designed for a chop saw or slider rather than a table saw. You want a negative hook angle.

Regards,

Ron