PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Grand Opening Gift

Chip Peterson
01-15-2010, 11:14 AM
I have a wholesale customer who just went through a change of ownership and as a result, they are having a grand opening event. They have a showroom with a decent amount of traffic, plus they do industry sales as well.

For their Grand Opening, I'd like to do some type of lasered gift that can be functional, and on display (useful and not put on the shelf in the back room) to stimulate the imagination of potential buyers. I think it would be good to somehow commemorate their event. I'm stuck for ideas, and I'm turning to the SMC family for ideas.

I'm leaning towards the engraved wood category since I want it to be significantly different from their own product lines.

Any thoughts? Has anyone else taken this approach with a wholesale customer?

Rodne Gold
01-15-2010, 11:55 AM
What do they do?

Chip Peterson
01-15-2010, 2:19 PM
Oh I was afraid that question would be asked, and I tried to avoid posting it for competitive reasons. Promotions

Randy Walker
01-15-2010, 8:52 PM
Hey Chris
I see you’ve got a bot. How about a 3-d puzzle with their name lasered around it. It will showcase your talent and give them something to show off.

Hope it helps
Randy Walkerhttp://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/icons/icon10.gif

Mike Chance in Iowa
01-15-2010, 8:57 PM
What about a wood sign with their company name or logo or slogan/motto/mission statement? A pen holder or business card holder with their logo. Be creative in the shape instead of using the standard stuff on everyone else's counter. i.e. fish as the side pieces of a business card holder for an aquarium store.

Rodne Gold
01-15-2010, 11:36 PM
I asked the question cos basically , any grand opening gift should reflect their business and be associated with what they do , be useful and have value to the recipient.
For example a computer supplier could give away a branded memory stick with their pricelist and catalogue on it.
What sort of promotions do they do - up market , cheapys ? Whats their budget for the give away and what sort of quantity are they doing ? What is the giveaway saying about their new managment ?
Are they trying to dispell negative sentiment from the old managment?
Does it have to be posted anywhere? Why does it have to be a laser manufactured piece - are they introducing lasering mnfgring/branding as a major option now?
There are 1000's of useful products coming from the east (prolly where they import from) that are as cheap or cheaper than a "home made" piece that could be branded - for EG a mini LED torch that can be attached to a key ring (got one on every bunch) and so forth.
It's VERY dificult to come up with a unique piece that will fill all criteria listed above , but its possible.

Chip Peterson
01-15-2010, 11:56 PM
That is a really cool idea!

Thank you All.

Hey Chris
I see you’ve got a bot. How about a 3-d puzzle with their name lasered around it. It will showcase your talent and give them something to show off.

Hope it helps
Randy Walkerhttp://www.sawmillcreek.org/images/icons/icon10.gif