PDA

View Full Version : Unisaw Riving Knife/Guard.....will it appear on Delta hybrids??

George Farra
01-15-2010, 9:11 AM
Hi Everyone

I like the design of the Unisaw's riving knife/guard. Its very similar to my Bosch 4100....super easy to use, never have to change knives (rather lower & raise) and I love the split guard design.

Does anyone know if the set up will appear on Delta hybrid saws and if so, when?

TIA

George

Chuck Isaacson
01-15-2010, 9:48 AM
Hey George, it is just going to be a little bit. After a while all saw manufacturers will be required to incorperate riving knives on their saws. I am not sure when the exact dates are but it will happen. I would think that if you checked the UL website you might be able to fin out more info.

George Farra
01-15-2010, 9:58 AM
Chuck

Thank you....i'll check thier site

Regards

George

David Helm
01-15-2010, 10:05 AM
I think the date was January 1 of this year. At least that is what they told me at Grizzly HQ.

George Farra
01-15-2010, 11:49 AM
David,

Correct for any new model. Its my understanding that any current model can be sold up until 2014?? without the riving knife.

Since I'm fond of Delta's riving kife/guard design, I guess it all depends on when Delta updates thier hybrid saws???

George

John Pratt
01-15-2010, 12:30 PM
Unless money is a huge issue. I would stay away from the hybrid regardless of the riving knife and just pony up for the higher end Delta Unisaw (that is if you want to stay with Delta). I have both the Hybrid and the new unisaw and you will only be disappointed with the hybrid. Everything from the extension table, the motor size/power, etc.. you are correct that the new riving knife design is great. It is infinitely easier to use and I like not having to take it off for non-through cuts.