PDA

View Full Version : Lift for Milwaukee 5625

Ron Paris
01-14-2010, 7:25 PM
I have been looking at lifts for the Milwaukee 5625-20. I have seen one by Jessem and another by Woodpeckers. Can someone give me some guidance as to which might be the best to purchase and why.
Thanks
Ron

glenn bradley
01-14-2010, 7:37 PM
I went with the Woodpecker PRL-v1, 16TPI (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=121757&d=1246107933).

- It consistently gets good ratings from actual users.
- It fit my 5625 without adapters and such.
- The 16TPI is coarse enough to move fast and fine enough for micro-adjustment.
- Lifetime warranty.

Stan Mitchell
01-14-2010, 7:45 PM
I went with the Woodpeckers Quick Lift 414 (http://www.woodpeck.com/quicklift414.html) and am completely satisfied for many of the same reasons as Glenn.

I understand the PLR is a fine lift - but wasn't worth an extra $100 to me. YMMV

Dick Mahany
01-14-2010, 9:13 PM
I have an early version of the PRL V2 from Woodpeckers, but with the Woodcraft brand. I love it. It is solid, stable, easy to adjust and allows quick lift for above-the-table bit changes. I needed to custom shim mine and remove the Milwaukee adjust screw because this one was made for the Porter Cable motor. Shortly after I did that work, Woodpeckers redesigned the mount slightly to allow a direct fit and eliminate the need to remove the adjust screw. If you do decide to go the PRL V2 route with the Milwaukee, just be sure to look for units that are directly compatible. Woodpeckers has information on how to determine compatability by prodiction date.

Andy Sowers
01-15-2010, 12:34 AM
I got the Woodpecker Quicklift that's designed to fit the 5625. Works great.

Andy

John Morrison60
01-15-2010, 12:40 AM
I lift my 5625 with the Woodpecker lift.
I really like the quick bit change ability without having to crank a
lift crank.

The fine adjustment for height settings is also very convenient.
I had terrific customer service interactions with WoodPecker.

all in all, very satisfied.

Good luck
John

Mike Heidrick
01-15-2010, 1:09 AM
I have a PRL version 1 and it works great with the 5625.

Mike Goetzke
01-15-2010, 9:13 AM
PRL-V2. I also re-wired my router to have remote speed control so I never have to go inside the cabinet.

Mike

Michael Drew
01-16-2010, 12:08 PM
I have an early version of the PRL V2 from Woodpeckers, but with the Woodcraft brand. I love it. It is solid, stable, easy to adjust and allows quick lift for above-the-table bit changes. I needed to custom shim mine and remove the Milwaukee adjust screw because this one was made for the Porter Cable motor. Shortly after I did that work, Woodpeckers redesigned the mount slightly to allow a direct fit and eliminate the need to remove the adjust screw. If you do decide to go the PRL V2 route with the Milwaukee, just be sure to look for units that are directly compatible. Woodpeckers has information on how to determine compatability by prodiction date.

I just ordered that same lift from Woodcraft, or I think it's the same. I ordered the PC7518 motor as well.

Do you know what or if there is any difference between the Woodcraft model and the one Woodpecker sells?

Also, you can get 15% off one non-power tool item at Woodcraft on line. At least I did a couple days ago........

Dick Mahany
01-16-2010, 7:03 PM
I just ordered that same lift from Woodcraft, or I think it's the same. I ordered the PC7518 motor as well.

Do you know what or if there is any difference between the Woodcraft model and the one Woodpecker sells?

Also, you can get 15% off one non-power tool item at Woodcraft on line. At least I did a couple days ago........

I believe the units are identical except for the labelling. When I ordered the MDF routing template from Woodpeckers I asked about the diferences and was told by their customer service that they were the same unit. I have also recently seen Kreg offer the PRL V2 with their top plate. It looks like Woodpeckers has a real winner with this design.

Charles Neil and Tom Hintz both have excellent reviews of this unit on line. In my opinion, the PRL v2 is worth the money. Woodpeckers and Woodcraft occasionally run sales on this unit.

Greg Wittler
01-16-2010, 11:02 PM
PRL-V2. I also re-wired my router to have remote speed control so I never have to go inside the cabinet.

Mike

Hey Mike is that terribly difficult? I am electrically challenged. I have the PRL-V2 & MIL5625

Greg