PDA

View Full Version : crown molding help

Jeff Dunlap
01-14-2010, 1:46 PM
Hi all I am installing crown molding for the second time this time in the baby's nursery. I have coped the 90 degree inside corner but this wall is not 90 it is 135 can i still cope one inside corner and flush the other inside or do i need to compound miter both inside corner pieces because it is not 90 degrees. Thanks in advance for all the help
Jeff Dunlap

James Taglienti
01-14-2010, 2:44 PM
I am assuming that your'e talking about an obtuse angle and not an acute one... in which case it will be hard to cope the crown because the edge will be so thin it will almost surely break. i would just miter them. first i'd get some scrap and play around with angles until i get it.

Jay Brewer
01-14-2010, 2:47 PM
Hi Jeff, If its not to intricate of a profile, and you can get enough of a back cut on the coped piece, It should work. Back cutting the profile enough will be the challange.

I personally would miter it.

frank shic
01-14-2010, 5:01 PM
jeff unless it's stain grade crown molding, i just miter the joint. i just recently did that for several 135 angles in my new home some of which were bullnosed just to make the job more challenging!