PDA

View Full Version : The real height of Grizz band saws...

Cameron Reddy
01-14-2010, 12:12 PM
I'd noticed that listed heights of the respective bandsaws were conflicting. It didn't make sense, for example that the 513 series was taller (at 80") than the 514 series. So, in a VERY prompt reply from Grizzly:

Dear Cameron,

Thank you for your email dated January 13, 2010.

We appreciate your interest in our products. After measuring the machines in our showroom, I have attached the height measurements for the requested band saws below.

Band Saw Model
Height without lifting bolt
Height with lifting bolt

G0513 Series
73”
74 ¾”

G0514 Series
76”
77 ¾”

G0636X
78”
80”

... If we may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. You are a valued customer, and we look forward to serving your future woodworking and metalworking needs.

Sincerely,

Angela
Technical Service
Grizzly Industrial, Inc.
EN #799

Dan Friedrichs
01-14-2010, 12:33 PM
That is impressive service...

Steve Kohn
01-14-2010, 10:42 PM
I am a big fan of Grizzly equipment. I own a few major machines from them. However, this really impresses me. To imagine someone making the effort to go onto the sales floor with a tape measure and check dimensions just blows me away.

I am so used to calling customer service departments and finding out the customer service reps. are actually in India and support 15 other companies. They don't have access to the actual product and all they can do is look at the manual's on line.

John Stan
01-14-2010, 11:16 PM
I am a big fan of Grizzly equipment. I own a few major machines from them. However, this really impresses me. To imagine someone making the effort to go onto the sales floor with a tape measure and check dimensions just blows me away.

I am so used to calling customer service departments and finding out the customer service reps. are actually in India and support 15 other companies. They don't have access to the actual product and all they can do is look at the manual's on line.

That is good service. FWIW - I have the G0636X and it is a real nice machine. I am only mentioning that because that was one of the machines in the list.

Dave Lehnert
01-15-2010, 12:29 AM
I get the same kind of service from Shopsmith. They are a small company of like 11 employees. I ordered the Belt sander and that thing was tracking all over 3 states and made it back to Shopsmith. I called and the lady on the phone said " Are you Dave? I saw your sander sitting on the dock and was wondering why it was returned. I'll walk down to the dock, check it out, and get it on the truck" I had it the next day.

Rod Sheridan
01-15-2010, 8:34 AM
I receive the same service from the companies I buy machinery from, including once when I wanted to make a mobile base before the machinery arrived.

The supplier sent me a nice hand sketch of the dimensions of the base.

Good customer service is self serving for the vendor, so it's in their best interest to supply it.

Regards, Rod.