PDA

View Full Version : FlexZorb Source?

George Summers
10-17-2004, 7:26 PM
I have been working on a jewelry armoire for my daughter for Christmas. She came by the other day and announced that she wanted a jewelry box for Christmas (at least I'm on the right track) but she wants it lined with "that tarnish preventive cloth". I have done a search and found that the stuff is called FlexZorb but every hit on Google is for jewelry boxes lined with the stuff. Not a hit for a source. Does anyone know where to buy the cloth in reasonable (read - small) quantities?

George

Jamie Buxton
10-17-2004, 11:00 PM
George --

When I needed some of that stuff, I didn't have a product name. I just knew it was anti-tarnish cloth. I got on the phone and called a couple of local fabric shops. One of them had it. I think it was less than $10 a running yard. You can google with "anti tarnish cloth" and find on-line soruces too, for instance http://www.nancysilver.com/gal/silvercloth_g.htm

I also found several experts who said that if you really want to keep tarnish off your silver, zip-lock bags work much much better. Apparently the tarnish is a result of a chemical reaction between the silver and something in the air. The treated cloth slows the arrival of the air, but doesn't seal it out. The zip-lock does exactly that.

Jamie