PDA

View Full Version : For those with Wives who Crochet

harry strasil
01-13-2010, 10:26 PM
In another post on file handles I meantioned that I gave my wife one of those remakes of the old style file handles, but she made mention that it made sore spots on her hands. So, remembering that I had one of those newfangled Nicholsen red plastic file handles with the 4 different tapered sleeves at my Smith shop. I went to ACE hdwe and bought both of the ones they had, and drilled the bottom of the tapered hole 3/8" into the handle opening and bored the tapered sleeves out a 64th smaller than the handles on the Crochet Hooks, that way I did not have to cut the hooks down. She loved it and gave me some other ones she uses often to do the same with.

When Ma's Happy, Everybody is Happy!

Leon Jester
01-14-2010, 7:28 AM
In another post on file handles I meantioned that I gave my wife one of those remakes of the old style file handles, but she made mention that it made sore spots on her hands. So, remembering that I had one of those newfangled Nicholsen red plastic file handles with the 4 different tapered sleeves at my Smith shop. I went to ACE hdwe and bought both of the ones they had, and drilled the bottom of the tapered hole 3/8" into the handle opening and bored the tapered sleeves out a 64th smaller than the handles on the Crochet Hooks, that way I did not have to cut the hooks down. She loved it and gave me some other ones she uses often to do the same with.

When Ma's Happy, Everybody is Happy!

Good idea, Harry.

I'll ask SWMBO -- although I'll probably use some apple cuttings and turn them on the lathe, gets in practise and I can counterbore them easily enough with my #2MT drill chuck.