PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Your plastic scraps

Dan Hintz
01-13-2010, 3:21 PM
Anyone have a pile of scraps they're going to toss? They don't need to be big (a few square inches, say 2"x2" or bigger) or of any particular shape (round/mis-shaped edges okely dokely). I'm specifically interested in Rowmark/IPI type plastics, color doesn't matter, just something with a different colored cap, some LaserMark Metallics would be nice, or any other weird stuff you may have lying around. No need for regular acrylics unless it's somehow really different.

I'm looking to do some tuning and play a little with various materials, but I don't have a need for full sheets. I think one of those small flat-rate boxes ($5?) would be more than adequate, and I'd be happy to throw in a little extra for your troubles.

Any takers? :)

Joe Pelonio
01-13-2010, 8:37 PM
The thing about Rowark/IPI laminates is that even small scraps can be useful to do small quantities of name badges. I hope you find someone willing to part with them. If not, you can often find good deals on odd colors or old stock on E-bay.

Keith Outten
01-13-2010, 9:00 PM
Dan.

I think I can put together a box of plastic for you, I have plenty of small pieces at the shop at CNU. I'm a bit of a pack rat and refuse to throw the stuff away until it becomes a nuisance.

Send me a PM with your address.

Dan Hintz
01-14-2010, 8:31 AM
Will do, Keith... thanks.

Steve has also offered to send me some scraps, so I think that will take care of my test stuff for now. I'll consider this taken care of, and the thread can be closed :)

AL Ursich
01-14-2010, 12:01 PM
I tried the same thing with Reflective Vinyl in the classifieds.... Got a few nibbles...

AL