PDA

View Full Version : John M's too modest...............

Ken Fitzgerald
10-17-2004, 2:58 PM
to say that Wisconsin beat Purdue yesterday!!!!!!

Jerry Olexa
10-17-2004, 3:28 PM
That's a BIG victory!! Purdue WAS the cream of the Big 10 till now (5-0 I believe). Cograts to all cheeseheads including John M. Jerry
P.S. Don't even talk about my lowly team, Penn State. We've fallen on tough times..

John Miliunas
10-17-2004, 10:00 PM
Thanks Ken! I usually don't like to rub stuff like that in BUT, I will say, it was a very extraordinary "win"! :D Barry and his "boys" are doing a great job, thus far. We're all rootin' that they can keep up the pace. :)

Oh, and as a side-note, I see you posted this long about the same time that the "other" Cheesehead team finally decided to show up for a ball game! Wow, the Pack went nuts on Detroit this afternoon! The Green & Gold put on a nice show, but I will admit that, the Lions definitely did not look like they were playing their best game. :o I think Green Bay may be lucky to break even this season. Well, unless they keep playing like they did today! :) :cool:

Keith Starosta
10-18-2004, 8:46 AM
John, for me....it was a mix of football emotions this weekend, as my Wolverines made Illinois feel real bad about themselves, but the Lions did indeed go down in defeat to your Packers. You're right....they most certainly DID NOT play up to they're newly acquired standards. Oh well.....there's always next week.

Unfortunatley, Michigan doesn't play Wisconsin this year, so we're going to have to hope for a Cheesehead loss to take the Big 10.

BRING ON PURDUE!!! :D

Keith

Tyler Howell
10-18-2004, 8:52 AM
Go Vikings!!!:D

Jason Roehl
10-18-2004, 9:08 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Enjoy it while it lasts. Nevermind that Purdue had just come off a 3-0 road trip in the Big Ten...

I also won't say anything about the facemask that the refs missed in the reviewed fumble that WI returned for a TD (facemask was BEFORE the fumble, too).

Oh, and Tyler....WHO?? :D

Jim Becker
10-18-2004, 9:38 AM
That's Don't even talk about my lowly team, Penn State. We've fallen on tough times..Indeed. ('79) I was one of the "manager grunts" on the sidelines for the '75 season in the days of the brothers Bahr and a bunch of other (very large compared to me) great players. Those were the days... :o ...there just was nothing like getting yelled at by Paterno. Sheesh! :p

Kent Cori
10-18-2004, 9:52 AM
As a Badger alumnus, it was terrific to see them beat Purdue. That was definitely an exciting game. Go Bucky!! :D :D :D

As for the Pack, the season has been disappointing so far (other than yesterday) but it is still young. The Packers will definitely make their presence felt in the ol' Black and Blue Division. When you grew up in Green Bay, you never say die. :)

John Miliunas
10-18-2004, 10:29 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Enjoy it while it lasts. Nevermind that Purdue had just come off a 3-0 road trip in the Big Ten...

I also won't say anything about the facemask that the refs missed in the reviewed fumble that WI returned for a TD (facemask was BEFORE the fumble, too).

Oh, and Tyler....WHO?? :D

Hey Jason, I'm glad the you're "not saying anything...". Face it folks, I don't think there's a team in the Big Ten or any other conference, who hasn't had a bad call go against them or missed a call in their favor. :( That notwithstanding, a single foul, missed or otherwise, will rarely, if ever, make or break an entire game. With "instant replay" in the Pro's, it's less rare, but still happens all the time. Right, wrong or otherwise, it's all just part of the game. :cool:

Jerry Olexa
10-18-2004, 11:06 AM
As far as the Pack, with saint Bret, anything is possible! Anyway, HUGE win for the cheeseheads!!

Jerry Olexa
10-18-2004, 11:08 AM
And don't ask me about the Red Sox... Now that my dream od a RedSox-Cubs series is gone!!

Jason Roehl
10-18-2004, 12:09 PM
Hey Jason, I'm glad the you're "not saying anything...". Face it folks, I don't think there's a team in the Big Ten or any other conference, who hasn't had a bad call go against them or missed a call in their favor. :( That notwithstanding, a single foul, missed or otherwise, will rarely, if ever, make or break an entire game. With "instant replay" in the Pro's, it's less rare, but still happens all the time. Right, wrong or otherwise, it's all just part of the game. :cool:

Yeah, John, I see plenty of bad calls in the Big Ten, but not many in the NFL (those guys have a very strict post-game review system). I did catch a really bad spot that gained Purdue a 1st down when they didn't get it, but the facemask was on a REVIEWED play--the refs were too busy looking at the fumble to catch the defender grabbing Orton's facemask (could have caused the fumble, you know ;) ). What's done is done. We'll just have to see how the conference shakes out now...