PDA

View Full Version : Another Corel X Y question

Mike Christen
01-13-2010, 8:55 AM
I would like to make the X-Y zero point in corel to be in the top left rather than the bottom left, same as laser. Is there a way to change this and make it the default?

Thanks in advance

Frank Corker
01-13-2010, 9:25 AM
Yes Mike there is. Open a new page. Put your mouse in the top left corner in the little square up there (red arrow), hold the button down and drag it to the top left hand corner of your page (green arrow). This will move the 0 0. Then on options choose 'Save as Default page'.

Mike Null
01-13-2010, 9:44 AM
Or right click on the ruler select the ruler set up and list the vertical dimension of your table or page. Go to tools -save as default.

Mike Christen
01-13-2010, 10:13 AM
Thanks, that worked perfect, that has always bugged me and so simple to fix:D. Learn something new everyday on the creek.

Kevin Baker
01-14-2010, 5:23 AM
Once I make all the changes and use the save settings as default, is there a file I can copy? If I reinstall CorelDraw down the road, I could paste the file back in some CorelDraw directory and get my setting back.

Thanks,
Kevin

Rodne Gold
01-14-2010, 5:28 AM
Call it default drawing , load it in and then select
tools/options/document and check the box that says "save options as defaults for new drawings" and make sure all the boxes underneath it are checked.

Mike Null
01-14-2010, 6:55 AM
Kevin

Roy Brewer's site is a goldmine of Corel info. In this one he 'll tell you how to set up your defaults and save the file. http://www.engravingconcepts.com/flash_coreldraw.htm

Lee DeRaud
01-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Ok, one thing has always bugged me about this: yes, you can put the origin upper-left. But the Y-axis still runs "south-to-north", so all the Y coordinates display as negative, and delta values move the 'wrong' way. And AFAIK there's no way to set the scale for X and Y independently.

John Noell
01-14-2010, 1:53 PM
...yes, you can put the origin upper-left. But the Y-axis still runs "south-to-north", so all the Y coordinates display as negative. Lee, just turn your monitor upside down! :D:D:D