PDA

View Full Version : Jet 10" BS. Opinions?

gary butcher
01-12-2010, 5:48 PM
I'm looking for a cheap, light duty bandsaw to cut my headphone blocks up and rounding off and wondered what the general opinion (if any) was on the Jet jwbs-100s.

It's not going to see huge amounts of work and it will basically be cutting 4" blocks in half and rounding the corners off before turning. Four inches is the most it will ever see and that's just inside it's limits. At the moment I'm either parting or doing multiple TS cuts, which on a small 4x4x3" block is scary business. A bandsaw looks like the ideal tool for my needs and don't want to spend large chunks of cash on it.

Will this one do the job?

Van Huskey
01-12-2010, 5:53 PM
I'm looking for a cheap, light duty bandsaw to cut my headphone blocks up and rounding off and wondered what the general opinion (if any) was on the Jet jwbs-100s.

It's not going to see huge amounts of work and it will basically be cutting 4" blocks in half and rounding the corners off before turning. Four inches is the most it will ever see and that's just inside it's limits. At the moment I'm either parting or doing multiple TS cuts, which on a small 4x4x3" block is scary business. A bandsaw looks like the ideal tool for my needs and don't want to spend large chunks of cash on it.

Will this one do the job?

I have only looked at it but the opinion of one of my trusted dealers who has used it is that it is junk at half the price. My suggestion is the Rikon or Sears 10 saws.

John McClanahan
01-12-2010, 9:46 PM
Stop in at Sears and look at their 10" saw. I have the 12" and like it.

John

gary butcher
01-12-2010, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the advice, I'll stop in Sears and see what they have.

dennis thompson
01-13-2010, 6:56 AM
I have the Sears 10" bandsaw & am very happy with it,I got it on sale for $99,(price today is $199). You might want to check out craigslist, there usually are several of them there
Dennis