PDA

View Full Version : Bit of a Dilema

Thomas Stephenson
01-12-2010, 4:35 PM
I recently purchased the Ridgid R4511 Tablesaw @ Home Depot and 2 weeks ago got a Delta 36T30 Fence system from Lowes that I aquired to mount to a Delta 36-600 tablesaw I have redone(new motor, riving knife,thin-kerf blade). I,m wondering should I keep the Fence and mount it to the Ridgid, This could prove to be difficult as it has the granite top and as of right now I don,t know if the mounting holes line up, Any help or thought would be appreciated, Thomas

Cary Falk
01-12-2010, 5:02 PM
Drill the holes in the fence to match the granite table. It shouldn't be a big deal.

Thomas Stephenson
01-12-2010, 5:45 PM
Thanks Cary, That just made me feel so dumb, I don,t know where my head was. Do you think its a better fence system than what Ridgid has on their saw?

Cary Falk
01-12-2010, 5:57 PM
If we are talking about the 2 piece fence rail of the granite saw then the T2 is absolutely better.

Thomas Stephenson
01-12-2010, 6:11 PM
Yes its this one,..http://www.cpowoodworking.com/top_sellers/36-t30.html

Cary Falk
01-12-2010, 6:16 PM
should be a nice upgrade.

Van Huskey
01-12-2010, 8:25 PM
I am curious where the other saw is going? If you are selling it you could offer it with or without the fence as one with no fence might attract fewer lookers. If you do sell it then you open your choices back up to any fence you prefer. It is not cheap but I love the Incra, it will not require drilling to fit the R4511 and can follow you up the table saw path if/when you decide to upgrade.

In any event that fence would be a welcome upgrade to the R4511.

Thomas Stephenson
01-12-2010, 9:51 PM
Well the 36-600 still has the original fence on it,As I haven,t put the 36T30 on it yet, so it would still have the original factory fence which is not bad but no 36T30 either. I really was going to keep it till that deal on the Ridgid popped up with the H.D. sale,So I don,t have enough info on the Ridgid fence to make a comparison. Plus if I mount the T2 on the Delta I can sell it for more to offset the cost of the Ridgid. I also had planned before the Ridgid came along to mount the T-2 to the 36-600 and take the old factory fence and modify it to fit my new Delta 28-276 bandsaw. So you see my dilema. Its months away from anything right now so maybe I,ll see a few reviews here to help me decide. But thanks for all the input guys, Tommy