PDA

View Full Version : Where would you mount a Wixey gauge?

Michael Drew
01-12-2010, 3:07 PM
I have Woodcraft’s version of the PRL-V2 and a 7518 motor coming for a new router table I’m designing. I want to install a Wixey as well. The fence is going to be an Incra TS.

I don’t think mounting it into the table top is such a good idea and in front of the table would probably get irritating trying to see it while raising the bit.

What do you think? Where would you all mount it?

Myk Rian
01-12-2010, 4:11 PM
Back edge of the table, behind the fence?

Mike Goetzke
01-12-2010, 7:46 PM
I did mine in the table:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/mbg/My%20Tools/Wixey%20Remote%20RT%20Gauge/IMG_2824.jpg

Michael Drew
01-12-2010, 9:37 PM
I was thinking it would be better behind the fence, rather than in front but not real sure where / how to mount it. I’m thinking it would be better to be above the table at an angle. I’m contemplating building an angled gauge pod that I can attach to the table right now.

Mike – how resilient is the gauge? I’m afraid I’d drop a board on it. That’s one thing I did not like about the Smart Lift.

Alan Schaffter
01-12-2010, 11:34 PM
How about on a gooseneck?

Mike Goetzke
01-12-2010, 11:40 PM
I was thinking it would be better behind the fence, rather than in front but not real sure where / how to mount it. I’m thinking it would be better to be above the table at an angle. I’m contemplating building an angled gauge pod that I can attach to the table right now.

Mike – how resilient is the gauge? I’m afraid I’d drop a board on it. That’s one thing I did not like about the Smart Lift.

It's actually recessed a bit. I have had it like this for about a year w/o and issues. I do need to blow the dust off it once in a while.

Mike