PDA

View Full Version : Beware of wifes tampering with your TS

Craig D Peltier
01-12-2010, 10:05 AM
OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) - Court papers allege that an Olympia woman, angry that her husband left her, tampered with his power tools so that he received a powerful electric shock.

Carolyn Paulsen-Riat was booked Friday into the Thurston County Jail for investigation of third-degree assault, domestic violence, and second-degree malicious mischief. A judge released the 33-year-old woman on her own recognizance.

The Olympian newspaper reports that court documents say that on Jan. 1, the man was using a 220-volt table saw when he received the shock, knocking him to the ground. Thurston County sheriff's deputies say the man did not need to go to a hospital.

In the documents, deputies say the woman told them she had reversed the wires on his power tools because she was angry he was leaving.

This pic is the a wikimedia common file so its not the saw, but dont you think my local news station could of came came up with a saw that didint look so wicked as this !

Rod Sheridan
01-12-2010, 10:11 AM
OLYMPIA, Wash. (AP) - Court papers allege that an Olympia woman, angry that her husband left her, tampered with his power tools so that he received a powerful electric shock.

Carolyn Paulsen-Riat was booked Friday into the Thurston County Jail for investigation of third-degree assault, domestic violence, and second-degree malicious mischief. A judge released the 33-year-old woman on her own recognizance.

The Olympian newspaper reports that court documents say that on Jan. 1, the man was using a 220-volt table saw when he received the shock, knocking him to the ground. Thurston County sheriff's deputies say the man did not need to go to a hospital.

In the documents, deputies say the woman told them she had reversed the wires on his power tools because she was angry he was leaving.

This pic is the a wikimedia common file so its not the saw, but dont you think my local news station could of came came up with a saw that didint look so wicked as this !

Hard to imagine.

If you reversed the two lines, the saw operation would remain the same, and no shock hazard.

If you interchanged ground and one of the lines, you would have a serious shock hazard however the saw wouldn't work.

I guess the investigation will determine what happened.

Regards, Rod.

Jim King
01-12-2010, 1:29 PM
That saw in the wikimedia photo looks like it came from the same factory as mine.

curtis rosche
01-12-2010, 6:44 PM
it supposed to be a meat or firewood saw

Rod Sheridan
01-12-2010, 8:31 PM
it supposed to be a meat or firewood saw

Does it convert from firewood to meat when you slip?:eek:

Regards, Rod.