PDA

View Full Version : UV CIS For Epson printers

sal shepherd
01-11-2010, 12:34 AM
Ok In offset printing we used UV inks they were translucent printing one color over the other . I found this site that has uv ink for my Epson R280
www.supertobur.com (http://www.supertobur.com) I emailed them I found the inks are from Germany

Does anyone know of this supplier? If this ink needs to be cured with uv light and what wavelength bulb? I have been on youtube and about to canibalize 3 printers and 2 scanners to have a flat bed printer. I did noticed on some comercial printers they have 1 bright on each side of ink cartriages ink drying? they were inkjets with dye type ink.

I haven't purchased from the above site.

Any info is much appreciated

John McClanahan
01-11-2010, 7:31 PM
Are you sure they don't mean UV light fading resistant?

John

Gary Hair
01-13-2010, 11:45 AM
Are you sure they don't mean UV light fading resistant?

John

There are both - UV curable and UV light resistant. I didn't look at the links to see what this is referring to though.

John McClanahan
01-13-2010, 5:35 PM
The link doesn't work for me.

John

sal shepherd
02-05-2010, 10:56 PM
http://www.supertobuy.com/new-continuous-ink-system-cis-ciss-for-epson-r260-r280-r380-rx580-rx595-rx680-p-1146.html

John this is the correct link. It took me all this time to find it again

John McClanahan
02-06-2010, 12:48 AM
That one worked for me. I didn't see anywhere about the UV. I would bet the inks are resistant to UV fading, and don't use UV for curing. Inkjet inks use to be bad about fading and color shifting when exposed to sunlight or fluorescent lighting for very long.

There are some large format printers out there that use solvent based inks for printing on vinyl substrate, like big banners and even bill boards. I don't know anything about them, though.

I have seen some of those you tube videos too. Looks interesting! Seems to be a growing interest in affordable flatbed printing. Keep us posted on your progress.

John

sal shepherd
02-19-2010, 9:43 PM
Hi John,
The first unit came in leaking. With the care ups takes with their packages. I contacted super to buy they sent me another unit an said to use up the ink. I asked about sending it back, they didn't want it. That was good customer service. The new one arrived today can't wait to try it.

John McClanahan
02-20-2010, 11:18 PM
I saw my first flat bed inkjet printer today at the Kansas City Woodworking Show. A company called Specialty Printers builds and sells them. Somewhat homemade looking and quite pricey. If I didn't have several half done projects, I would be tempted to try building one.

John