PDA

View Full Version : Ok some of my gloat pics and current project. warning it's BIG

Keith Christopher
10-15-2004, 11:34 PM
Tyler and the others I told you I would get a digital camera. The project pictures are of a maple headboard I'm making I'm just about finished. these were taken when I was rough fitting the slats. The one picture shows the odd tenons I needed to make for each. And the bead was made with my LN #66 (also pictured. GLOOOOAAAATTT !) my mortising station (beginning mind you it's my grandfathers old workbench I just was starting to set it up.) and my TS with osborne miter gauge.

Keith Christopher
10-15-2004, 11:35 PM
more pictures for you

Kelly C. Hanna
10-16-2004, 12:12 AM
Way to go Keith! Nice comeback to the pic police!!

Jason Tuinstra
10-16-2004, 1:23 AM
Keith, nice job on the headboard. Can't wait to see it all finished. Those straps are invaluable for a project like that. Congrats on the other gloats as well. Looks like you have a good tool collection going there for yourself.

Gredo Goldenstein
10-16-2004, 7:50 AM
Nice job on the headboard. I can't wait to see some finish on it.

It must be inspiring to use your grandfathers workbench. Thanks for the pictures!

Tyler Howell
10-16-2004, 7:58 AM
Quick study on the Dcam Keith, great photo essay!

G dads bench makes it all the better it has all the builting knowledge and skill. I think I may have the LN feaver. Haven't taken the cure yet.:cool:

Waymon Campbell
10-16-2004, 9:53 AM
Nice work Keith. Ain't that Osborne miter gauge the cat's meow. I cannot believe I waited so long to get mine.

Have you decided on a finish yet for the headboard?

Jim Becker
10-16-2004, 10:03 AM
Nuttin' wrong that that project! Looks great, Keith.

Bart Leetch
10-16-2004, 10:04 AM
That headboard looks great & so does the Osborne Miter-Gage , but man where did you get the big yellow cheese cutter :eek: :D :D .

Ted Shrader
10-16-2004, 11:22 AM
Keith -

Thanks for the pics of the headboard. Looks great! I like the way you snuck in the gloats. That is almost a drive by an worthy of a penalty. . :) :D :)

Is it a queen size?

I think using your Grandfathers work bench is really cool. Passing the skill and knowledge on . . . .

Regards,
Ted

Keith Christopher
10-16-2004, 11:58 AM
Thanks for all the compliments. The headboard won't be finished by me it will be finished by the customer. I'm pretty sure it's going to get a wipe on poly. I love the osborne gauge it is so awesome and rock solid, did I mention when the TS (er cheese cutter) is tuned it made dead on 90's. The bed is actually a full, odd dimensions width 53 1/4 x 4' tall. I will take some pics when the finial is on and it's all ready to go. Jim, nothing wrong with it now but before I pulled it apart it was so not square. :) You know the workbench used to get so much abuse when I was a kid and now I'm trying to make sure I don't wreck it. It is cool to have and use it though.

Jerry Olexa
10-17-2004, 4:01 PM
That headboard looks great & so does the Osborne Miter-Gage , but man where did you get the big yellow cheese cutter :eek: :D :D .
BART love your comment about the yellow cheese cutter!!

Keith Christopher
10-17-2004, 9:33 PM
Heres a shot of the headboard with all the panels installed. fine tuning and final sanding (oh and add the orb finials) and it's outta here. :)