PDA

View Full Version : Look what I made from scraps in my shop.

keith micinski
01-09-2010, 10:20 PM
I have about 40 dollars into this plus 300 for the saw off of craigslist. I am starting my own home renovation company and needed something portable. I got bored this winter while waiting to close on one of my houses and I saw a picture of something like this underneath a delta Contractor saw and thought it looked pretty nice. The folding outfeed table is actually nicer then what I have on my good saw right now.
I am thinking about putting a router in the top of the tall cabinet. I also have a really nice small shop vac that is meant to be mounted on the wall and I am thinking about mounting it on the left side of this to have onboard dust collection. It rolls around really nice but it is starting to get kind of heavy. it is going to take two guys to load it and unload it into the back of the truck though so I probably need to stop adding things to it but every time I look at it I think "what if I add this?"

Van Huskey
01-09-2010, 10:30 PM
My first thoughts as reading the post was about what you could add...

Reading the rest of my post it hit me you would need a forklift by the time my mind got finished.

Very cool idea and certainly much cheaper then the commercial one shown in a thread earlier this week.

keith micinski
01-09-2010, 10:49 PM
Well, the saw isn't even mounted it just rests on its feet and can be picked up easily. I would say it is about 100 to 120 pounds the way it is now. Unfortunately that is empty. The drawer's have undermount slide's that you just pull right out so they are easy to remove so that would help. I don't think a router would really add enough weight to really make a difference so I am pretty sure I am going to do that. I thought about making the outfeed table removable but at that point you needed two guys to move it anyway so I didn't think that would be worth it, plus it is really nice to just swing it up and unflod the legs. My plan is to set it up in a room and leave it for most of the job so it doesn't have to be moved every day.

glenn bradley
01-09-2010, 11:20 PM
That's a far cry from just straddling a couple saw horses, eh? Well done and the price was sure right.

keith micinski
01-09-2010, 11:33 PM
I usually use two roller stands on the left side of my saw when cutting sheet goods and some times I have to stop and move them. I am thinking about making some brackets that attach to the saw on the base and allow me to swivel from front to back. If this keeps up I am going to make a second cabinet to hold all of the accessories for this damn thing and some sort of motorized drive and a lift gate on the truck.