PDA

View Full Version : Lie Neilson Booth

Tyler Howell
10-15-2004, 8:30 PM
Was just telling my Electron burning friends about the MPLS WW show and the hour I spent at the Lie Neilson Booth. Beautiful craftsmanship. A very knowledgeable demonstrator as well.

Does any one use the Serrated irons?? Highly Figured wood is my understanding????

Gene Collison
10-15-2004, 8:37 PM
Was just telling my Electron burning friends about the MPLS WW show and the hour I spent at the Lie Neilson Booth. Beautiful craftsmanship. A very knowledgeable demonstrator as well. Figured wood is my understanding????

Tyler, your hooked, I can tell, you will not be able to resist! It's almost hypnotic!!!! Almost an obsession, congratulations and get ready to start sliding!!!

Gene

Pam Niedermayer
10-15-2004, 8:51 PM
Tyler, do you mean the toothing blades? If so, yes. Their old use was for applying veneer, the thought being that the more gluing surface you could get the better. I'm not convinced that ridges necessarily get you more gluing surface, you'd have to match ridges with valleys.

I use the toothing blade (I've accumulated several of these) in the LN LA Jack (62) for very rough wood, seems to take away the edginess quickly and neatly, the small ridges are then easier to level.

If you get one, yell for sharpening instructions (this is no big secret, may even be online at LN and other places).

Pam

Christopher Pine
10-15-2004, 11:32 PM
Was just telling my Electron burning friends about the MPLS WW show and the hour I spent at the Lie Neilson Booth. Beautiful craftsmanship. A very knowledgeable demonstrator as well.

Does any one use the Serrated irons?? Highly Figured wood is my understanding????

Some friends of mine have worked the booth in the past for the company for the weekend that the show is here and they were offered fairly low pay or they could pic a tool from the display tools at the show. Well of course they got a plane for there labor.
There is a t-shirt " Will work for Hand tools"

Chris

Herb Blair
10-16-2004, 6:32 AM
You went, you saw, but you took no pictures. Shame on you Tyler!

Dave Anderson NH
10-16-2004, 7:09 AM
You spent an hour at the booth, what did you buy? Inquiring minds want to know.

Tyler Howell
10-16-2004, 8:49 AM
You spent an hour at the booth, what did you buy? Inquiring minds want to know.Had to take a bitter pill Dave and pass on the wants in favor of the needs. Got one more tuition payment. 2 months of apartment rent for the baby and then the fur should fly.

Tyler Howell
10-16-2004, 9:00 AM
You went, you saw, but you took no pictures. Shame on you Tyler!Mea culpa, mea culpa.
I stood there with D cam jabbing me in the ribs transfixed by the the Demo Guy. No Mic. No speakers, soft spoken, into his craft, real rugged type. We could hear and see everything Fielding every question with ease It was a religious experience. His female assistant I think wife was a pleasure to watch as well.
My Bad, I'll do better next time with interest.:o

Bart Leetch
10-16-2004, 10:10 AM
Ya sure...take pictures like you mean it.... :D