PDA

View Full Version : Bob Seger's Turn the Page, great song or not?

Scott Shepherd
01-09-2010, 10:31 AM
I was driving the other night and Bob Seger's "Turn the Page" came on, and I immediately reached for the volume to turn it up. I never had the album, I'm not a Bob Seger fanatic, but I came to the conclusion that's it's one of the best songs I can think of. Great vocals, great lyrics, great music. Just a pleasure to listen to. Been a fan of it since it came out so many years ago and still love it today. Can't say that about all my musical tastes over the years, but I can with that song. It's got staying power with me.

So the time is now....Bob Seger's "Turn the Page".....great song, brings back memories, or I hate that song. Which side are you on?

Ken Fitzgerald
01-09-2010, 10:35 AM
I have a lot of Seger's music but I don't know that I have heard that one.

Brian Brown
01-09-2010, 11:11 AM
Also not a Segar fanatic, but TTP is one of my favorites.

David Epperson
01-09-2010, 11:26 AM
Someone tried to copy TTP, using guitar instead of the Sax....Nowhere near as powerful. When Bob did it, you just want to close your eyes and savor the moment every time it cries....not always a good thing to do while driving.
TTP will always be a classic - in much the same way as Buffalo Springfield's For What it's Worth

But then again I've tried to explain to the local radio station that when it rains or snows...Radar Love and Danger Zone are not real good choices on the playlist either.

Chuck Saunders
01-09-2010, 12:00 PM
I am a Seger fan and that is one of my faves.

keith ouellette
01-09-2010, 12:09 PM
I have a lot of Seger's music but I don't know that I have heard that one.

I can almost guarantee you have heard it if you have a lot of his music. And it gets a lot of play time on clasic rock stations. Has a real good and erie , but short, sax solo. If you think about it it will come to you.

To answer SS's question though.

I like to hear it every once in a while. especially if its late at night and I'm all relaxed. Its a nice story song.

I wouldn't by a cd for it but its a really good song. I'd give it 2 thumbs up but I'm missing one

glenn bradley
01-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Great song. As an aside, I am OK with "Like a Rock" but, the guitar solo, which I read was done on the first take, still gives me chills.

mike holden
01-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Anything by Seger!

I am from Detroit, and back in the 60s Notre Dame HS had weekly dances, often with a "battle of the bands" - my most memorable being Bob Seger and the Last Heard vs Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels!!! For the princely sum of 25 cents!

Mike

Ken Fitzgerald
01-09-2010, 12:38 PM
Anything by Seger!

I am from Detroit, and back in the 60s Notre Dame HS had weekly dances, often with a "battle of the bands" - my most memorable being Bob Seger and the Last Heard vs Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheels!!! For the princely sum of 25 cents!

Mike
]

I'd have paid a $1.25 if I could have brought a date! Two of my favorites along with Question Mark and the Mysterians...........the Ides of March....

Robert Snowden
01-09-2010, 12:42 PM
It really don't get much better.

Dennis McGarry
01-09-2010, 1:09 PM
One of the best. Hands Down period.

The vocals are crisp and powerfull, the tone is fluent through out, the horn is almost omni present at times drawing you into it, relaxing.