PDA

View Full Version : how to keep track of posts

Pat Meeuwissen
01-08-2010, 6:15 PM
Ok guys, is there any way besides the subscriptions to keep track of threads I've posted to or would like to see answers other Creek members might post to a question I don't know the answer to myself? Thanks Pat

Steve Rozmiarek
01-08-2010, 6:57 PM
Pat, you can access all of your previous posts or threads in the user control panel, is that what you mean?

I just scan for new posts several times a day. Mine is displayed in linear mode so later posts don't disappear.

Pat Meeuwissen
01-08-2010, 7:04 PM
Steve the amount of posts on this forum are so numerous that any topic seems to be on page 4 before I can scan for it a second time. Thats why I'd like to keep track of them a little easier. Pat

Garrett Ellis
01-08-2010, 7:35 PM
just click on the 'user cp' button and it shows any threads you are subscribed to that have been updated since your last visit.

i'm not sure if there's an easier way than that since it seems you may know that already....

Ken Fitzgerald
01-08-2010, 8:15 PM
Guys...as a Moderator...my screeen looks a little different and I have a whole lot more options. I'm not as young as I was yesterday and can't for the life of me remember...so help me out here...

If you go to someone's post in the this thread and single click on their name what pull down tab do you get?

Garrett Ellis
01-08-2010, 8:40 PM
i dont get a pull down tab, it just takes me to their profile

Ken Fitzgerald
01-08-2010, 8:45 PM
Thanks Garrett.

When I click on someone's name I get a pull down window/tab. One of the options there is "Find all posts". In this case apparently Members and Contributors don't get that.

Pat,

The way to see what posts you made in specific threads.

When you log on....in the upper right hand corner Click on your name and go to your profile. Go to the "Statistics" tab and choose find all posts.

There you will get a list of all posts you have made in a timeline by thread. You can then click on a given post and go to the thread. You can use the "back" arrow on your browser to return to the list or create another one.

Pat Meeuwissen
01-08-2010, 8:49 PM
Ken, I figured that part out but what happen when you get to your level of responses 15500+- is there a way to limit the return to recent posts? Pat

Ken Fitzgerald
01-08-2010, 9:16 PM
Pat,

Mine comes up listed with the most recent at the top of the list and the oldest at the bottom.

Todd Willhoit
01-08-2010, 10:29 PM
If you go to someone's post in the this thread and single click on their name what pull down tab do you get?

Ken,
I get the following list:

View Public Profile
View Gallery
Send a PM
Send email
Find all posts
Add to your contacts

Maybe Members don't get the list. Another reason to contribute. ;)

Todd

Ken Fitzgerald
01-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Todd,

You might be onto something there!

I get that.....so if I'm following a certain person or even myself..I just click on the....select "find all posts"....and they are displayed in reverse chronological order with the most recent first. I can go from there.

Thanks Todd!

Aaron Koehl
01-16-2010, 1:01 AM
The menu should appear for anyone with Javascript turned on..

Jim Rimmer
01-16-2010, 6:32 PM
Ken,
I get the following list:

View Public Profile
View Gallery
Send a PM
Send email
Find all posts
Add to your contacts
Maybe Members don't get the list. Another reason to contribute. ;)

Todd
I get that as well.