PDA

View Full Version : Griz Bandsaw Problems

Michael Koch
01-07-2010, 7:38 PM
I finally ordered my G0514x2b bandsaw and received it the 23rd of December. Now the fun begins, right, wrong.

As I finally got aroung to unpacking it a few days later, the fence had a weld burn mark right in the middle of it, and the table looked like it was used for a test run. Nurl marks and plenty of scratches. On the phone to cuatomer services and repalcement parts were ordered.

The new table arrived today and it is very nice, the top that is. When mounting the fence, there were no holes drilled and tapped in the bottom of the table to accept the mounting hardware. I even positioned the rail with the mounting brackets to see if I could solve the problem and the rail was not even close to aligning up with the bottom of the table to possibly drill and tap some holes to get the fence mounted.

Well back to customer service, again, and now they are checking out if there is a design change that no one was aware of. If not, another week of waiting to see if the table and fence are the right fit.

My frustration is growing. I am very tempted to pull the plug on this one and just spring for the Minimax MM16 and be done with it. What would you guys do in this case. Thanks...MK

Brodie Brickey
01-07-2010, 7:45 PM
Michael,

Griz has always come through for me. If you got caught in an upgrade/design change they will figure it out and make it right for you.

I have a different bandsaw of theirs and the fence mounts on the side of the table instead of the bottom so I can't offer any other help.

Matt Armstrong
01-07-2010, 7:49 PM
I recently received my G0514X2 as well. I'm having several problems with it, different than your problems, but I'm not necessarily blaming anyone yet. Customer service is sending me a new tire, but the whole machine vibrates a decent amount and the amount of slop in the upper wheel was ridiculous.

I'm less than thrilled with it so far, sadly. My G0490 was loud and slappy sounding and still manages to whack the blade guard with the belt, etc, but it cut excellently and had flat tables (which is all I really wanted). I think the demands on the bandsaw precision are higher...

Rod Sheridan
01-07-2010, 7:57 PM
My frustration is growing. I am very tempted to pull the plug on this one and just spring for the Minimax MM16 and be done with it. What would you guys do in this case. Thanks...MK

Michael, it sounds like you are getting frustrated, and having second thoughts about not purchasing the MiniMax.

If you are like me, this meas that every time you look at the saw, even after the problems are fixed, you'll still be thinking you should have bought the Minimax.

Now's your time to get the other saw without taking a bath on the price.....Regards, Rod.