PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 V Class Driver Error

Tracey Bakewell
01-07-2010, 2:33 PM
I am currently with Universal's tech support but have a job I need to start ASAP. So instead of waiting on the email thread replies from Universal, while I'm in a holding pattern, has anyone received this error when installing the driver on a Windows 7 PC?

Printer driver was not installed. Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000002).

I'm running the laser on a USB connection (always have) and on the 32 bit OS. Will be configuring with CorelDraw x4 (but haven't gotten there yet). Downloaded all the current drivers from uls ftp site too.

Thanks!
Tracey

Tracey Bakewell
01-07-2010, 3:19 PM
Update - It's still not working on my PC. It installed fine on my laptop though. I did the following:

1. add printer, local attached, choose driver
2. choose lpt1 port (nothing attached though)
3. browsed latest driver download and choose my v class driver

No error.

On my PC. I had left the laser plugged in before doing the above steps. Not sure if that matters? Now, I can't figure out what to remove on my PC to get a clean slate on the OS to install that driver.

I am now going to plug the laser into my laptop and then change the lpt port over to the usb port. Fingers crossed!

Tracey Bakewell
01-07-2010, 4:05 PM
Now, we're not working on my laptop either...

I can't remember how to swing from 1 port to another? Anyone recall how to do this when viewing printer properties or server properties?

Also, my laptop doesn't have an lpt printer port on it at all, so I can't even just stand next to the laser and use the lpt printer cable directly to it!

And now to make matters worse, the material I just received is the wrong color!!!

Tracey Bakewell
01-07-2010, 5:05 PM
Good news for the laptop, I had to take a breather. I got it working on my laptop, still no luck on the PC.

What I needed to do on my laptop was go to the Devices and Printers option, Printer Properties, Ports tab. Then put a check mark in the proper USB box there. I kept going to the wrong properties choices.

Still no luck on my PC though. Anyone know how to totally get rid of the printer that gets installed when you plug in the laser before you've installed the drivers?

Thanks!
Tracey

Brian Jacobs
01-07-2010, 5:18 PM
Tracey,

I'm running W7 with no problem...

PM me with your email address and I'll send you a Universal tech email on W7 installation. If you had the laser plugged in, W7 may have tried to install a generic driver. You need to check this by going to Start -> Devices & Printers (on the very right column). If you see a Universal printer, unistall it. The email will have you uninstall the Universal Control Panel program also.

Brian

Tor Amundson
02-15-2010, 12:35 AM
Brian, related quick question for you:

I run a ULS VLS4.60. My prior computer went kerboom, so I upgraded to the latest model of same. However, now it runs Win7 32bit (previously I ran XP SP3).

I'm having two problems: for one, the rastering pauses every 3 scan lines or so, waits for a full second, then continues. This is making my jobs run veeeery slow. For two, if I ever turn on the 'one touch photo' checkbox (when I use 1TP graphics), all print jobs print centered on the page, no matter where they were placed in Corel. This effect stays until a full reboot.

Have you seen either of these issues? And could you please send me a copy of that tech email you mention? Thanks! Not liking Win7 so far due to these problems...

Brian Jacobs
02-15-2010, 6:30 PM
Brian, related quick question for you:

I run a ULS VLS4.60. My prior computer went kerboom, so I upgraded to the latest model of same. However, now it runs Win7 32bit (previously I ran XP SP3).

I'm having two problems: for one, the rastering pauses every 3 scan lines or so, waits for a full second, then continues. This is making my jobs run veeeery slow. For two, if I ever turn on the 'one touch photo' checkbox (when I use 1TP graphics), all print jobs print centered on the page, no matter where they were placed in Corel. This effect stays until a full reboot.

Have you seen either of these issues? And could you please send me a copy of that tech email you mention? Thanks! Not liking Win7 so far due to these problems...

---
A few days ago, I received the latest copy of the ULS software (5.27.50). It has a Win7 64-bit driver included (Yipee!). However, I have not had a chance to install and test, but will do so in the next day or two.

In reference to the problems with Win7, you didn't mention what version of ULS software you loaded up on your system, but (per their tech dept) if you have ver 5.24.38 or newer, everything should work. Anything earlier than that--- upgrade for sure. Also, earlier versions of 1-touch had some issues. I did have centering issues on one occasion. I believe that it may have been an issue with an earlier version, as it disappeared with the latest software.

You may be doing this, but a good practice with 1-touch is: run -> modify -> save -> exit, then import saved picture into Corel. That way, if there is a problem, you will be able to isolate it.

I'd be happy to forward a copy of the ULS software, but it's over 3mb. I'm not sure if the mail servers will handle it. Another suggestion would be to call or email ULS tech for the software, as they probably have it on an FTP site for distribution. Mine came via a 3rd party dowload center (yousendit).

Dan Hintz
02-16-2010, 6:49 AM
Yeah, I need to think about upgrading soon... wouldn't mind moving my control box to 64-bit.

Dav1d Beck
02-16-2010, 12:35 PM
To remove a printer fully you need to go into Device Manager (Start -> Right Click on Computer -> Manage -> in the drop downs System Tools -> Device Manager) and then look under ports or Universal Serial Bus and find the usb device right click and choice uninstall or just choice update drivers and select the correct ones on file

John Moss
04-21-2010, 2:25 PM
Hello Tracey,
Have you checked compatibility?
Just an FYI for you.
It is always best to check with the software manufacturer FIRST. They will tell you if they have tested the product and the version, as well as whether or not it will work with Windows 7.
Check out the Windows 7 Compatibility site: (There you will find out about hardware and software compatibility.)
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/en-us/default.aspx
There is a pulldown from which you can choose "hardware" and "software".
There are also some great articles, instructional videos and such to help with your Windows 7 at our Springboard site:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/default.aspx
In any event a lot of the times, Vista drivers will work in lieu of Windows 7 drivers, however, it's not 100%!
As stated previously, it's best to have the Windows 7 certified drivers installed.
Thanks again,
John M.
Microsoft Windows Client Support