PDA

View Full Version : Delta 46-460 midi-gloat

Prashun Patel
01-07-2010, 12:30 PM
After too much deliberation, I bought this lathe. Just arrived today.
I'm gonna set it up at work (in my plant) so

a) I can play with it during lunch
b) I can buy some time to figure out where I can fit it in my home shop
c) I can put some miles and use on it, so when I DO take it home, I can tell my wife I bought it used and that it was cheap and that it's not the reason she didn't get that necklace for Xmas...

Tony De Masi
01-07-2010, 12:34 PM
After too much deliberation, I bought this lathe. Just arrived today.
I'm gonna set it up at work (in my plant) so

a) I can play with it during lunch Good Idea

b) I can buy some time to figure out where I can fit it in my home shop Good Idea

c) I can put some miles and use on it, so when I DO take it home, I can tell my wife I bought it used and that it was cheap and that it's not the reason she didn't get that necklace for Xmas...Not so sure about this one.

Good choice of lathe though.

Tony

Steve Schlumpf
01-07-2010, 1:08 PM
Congrats on the lathe! Looking forward to seeing the photos!

John Keeton
01-07-2010, 1:24 PM
Shawn, I think you are going to love this lathe!! I have drooled over it, debated about the new Grizzly, drooled over the Delta, debated..... etc. Still can't decide, but there is no doubt the Delta is a very nice lathe. Did you get the bed extension?

Prashun Patel
01-07-2010, 2:27 PM
Yes, I got the bed extension, John. It hasn't arrived. GOnna try to set it up after work today.

"Honey, I'm going to be a little lathe - er late tonite. A new project TURNED up. I'm just getting GOUGED here. Maybe if I get back at a reasonable hour, we can SWING OVER the BED? "

John Keeton
01-07-2010, 3:08 PM
Yes, I got the bed extension, John. It hasn't arrived. GOnna try to set it up after work today.

"Honey, I'm going to be a little lathe - er late tonite. A new project TURNED up. I'm just getting GOUGED here. Maybe if I get back at a reasonable hour, we can SWING OVER the BED? "Just don't get confused and call your wife "Delta." That will take some explaining!!! In more ways than one!

Bernie Weishapl
01-07-2010, 4:12 PM
ROFLOL now that is funny John.

Congrats on the lathe and I agree with John it would not be good to call her Delta in your sleep or otherwise if you catch my drift.

Bill Bolen
01-07-2010, 5:49 PM
Shawn, you know the rule.....no pic's....didn't happen......ButI'll take your word for it this time.. :-)....Bill...