PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Coin Display

Tony De Masi
01-07-2010, 11:46 AM
I have finally dug out the challenge coins I collected over the years and now it's time to display them. Anyone here make their own displays and care to share? I'm not very inspired by what I've seen on the net and thought maybe someone has come up with their own, more stylish, version. I don't have many coins, about 20, so I'm not looking big. Anything you care to share would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tony

John Pratt
01-07-2010, 12:27 PM
Here is one I completed a couple of months ago for someone. Black Walnut and etched glass. Are you looking for something that is open, closed, mounted/inset in felt, etc.. I have designed a few, although unfortunately I didn't take pics of all of them.

Personally I have around 200 coins and never gotr around to building one for myself. They just sit in a jar at the house.

(Hopefully we are talking about the same type of military challenge coins. If not, sorry, but this may give you some ideas.

Tony De Masi
01-07-2010, 12:31 PM
Thanks John. That's what I'm looking for. I have just a couple of military coins and the rest are law enforcement coins.

Tony

Mark Patoka
01-07-2010, 1:25 PM
John,
Your case looks very nice, especially with the etched glass.

Here are pics of several I have made. I do make and sell these and others through my website but maybe the pictures will give you some ideas.

One thing I like to keep in mind and John incorporated with this design is you want the coins behind the front row to stand out so make a taller tier. Many of the mass-produced racks you see are flat boards at a tilt so you never really see any of the coins in the back row.

Tony De Masi
01-07-2010, 4:19 PM
Thanks Mark. Those will serve as inspiration as well.

Tony

John Pratt
01-07-2010, 5:02 PM
Mark,

Very nice design. Please PM your website to me.

John