PDA

View Full Version : question: Delta tenon jig on left-tilt saw

JohnT Fitzgerald
01-07-2010, 10:46 AM
My new TS is left tilt, but my old one is right tilt. The instructions for the tenon jig (Delta 34-184) show how to move the miter guide bar to a different set of mounting holes "for left-tilt saws". It struck me that this would have to be done for any saw where the miter slot was further from the blade. Maybe I'm missing something? FWIW, in the few times I used it, I always used it in the left-hand slot, even on my old right-tilt TS. Is the left slot typically farther from the blade on left-tilt saws?

Lee Schierer
01-07-2010, 2:00 PM
Some saws have the slots farther away from the blade. I remember reading about the hole locations when I purchased mine for my Craftsman saw. I think my slots are equi-distant from the blade.

Ryan Baker
01-07-2010, 9:49 PM
I have always used my tenon jig in the left slot on my left-tilt saw. No problems.

I do remember that when I got my LT Unisaw (switching from a right-tilt saw), I did have to move the runner on the tenon jig to the other set of mounting holes because the miter slot was further away from the blade (or was it closer... I forget). The left and right slots are not the same distance from the blade (on my saw). I never really thought about it before, but maybe it makes sense with the throat opening and everything else on the opposite side of the blade.