PDA

View Full Version : I finally get a tool gloat! New Akeda dovetail jig

Erik Frederiksen
01-06-2010, 8:01 PM
I just found out that my wife bought me a new 24" dovetail jig. All I have to do in return is build a dresser for her daughter. What fun!

All I have so far is the accessory kit, the jig itself was mailed separately.

I'm looking forward to making my first dovetail joint.

Mike Cruz
01-07-2010, 12:33 AM
Congrats! Kinda silly that you HAVE to use it...oh, darn!

Michael Heffernan
01-07-2010, 9:17 AM
Erik,
Congrats. You're going to have fun with that jig. I've got one and use it all the time. Set-up is a breeze and repeatability of any joint is a great feature.
I hope you got the C-kit or at least the dust collection kit. Dust collection is excellent.
Be sure to post some pics of your projects and how you like the jig.

Howard Jahnke
01-08-2010, 11:21 AM
I just ordered the same jig yesterday. And yes, I ordered the C kit with it. Looking very forward to it. Michael, I see your storage box is featured as an add-on. From the first time I viewed that post, I knew I would build that box to house the parts for the jig. I'm glad to see someone else appreciated it as much.

Erik Frederiksen
01-08-2010, 11:29 AM
I did get the C kit, thanks Michael, AND one of your boxes to keep the parts in.

Jig should come today! Box comes next week, can't wait to see it.

Jim Eller
01-08-2010, 5:22 PM
Congratulations Erik!

I hope you like yours as much as I like mine.

BTW - The storage box is the first project you build, .......then come the dresser.;)

Michael Heffernan
01-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Erik,

Let us know how you like the jig when you get it set up and running. And let me know how you like my storage case. I think you're going to have fun making lots of dovetails with the jig!

I did get the C kit, thanks Michael, AND one of your boxes to keep the parts in.

Jig should come today! Box comes next week, can't wait to see it.