PDA

View Full Version : What did we do to Lee Valley?

Dave Lehnert
01-06-2010, 1:52 PM
Placed an order with the free shipping event 5 days ago and it just now was scanned for shipment. Most orders placed are shipped next day.
We must have over loaded the LV system. :D

Not complaining. Glad to see they must have done well.

alex grams
01-06-2010, 2:22 PM
I am in the same boat. Placed order on the 30th, sat with billing information until yesterday, and finally got out today. Must be the new years free shipping rush that slowed them down, and the weather certainly won't help things either.

Jeff Willard
01-06-2010, 2:30 PM
Hmmm. Too bad. I placed an order with Lie-Nielsen yesterday morning to take advantage of the free shipping. It shipped out yesterday evening, and should be here tomorrow:eek:. Same thing on Christmas week.

Myk Rian
01-06-2010, 2:33 PM
Hmmm. Too bad. I placed an order with Lie-Nielsen yesterday morning to take advantage of the free shipping. It shipped out yesterday evening, and should be here tomorrow:eek:. Same thing on Christmas week.
Different company.

Chris Weishaar
01-06-2010, 2:38 PM
I ordered on Sunday afternoon, it shipped Monday and it will be at home today when I get there.

Chris

Cliff Holmes
01-06-2010, 2:43 PM
I placed an order with Rockler two or three days ago. It's still in "processing" status. I figure the free shipping promo has them backed up, too.

Greg Peterson
01-06-2010, 2:52 PM
Peachtree Woodworking did the same thing too. Place order Thursday, finally shipped out yesterday. Good thing I wasn't in a hurry. Doesn't help that they are about as far away from here as any place can be (Georgia to Oregon). Long ship time.

Dave Clermont
01-06-2010, 3:14 PM
I ordered on Saturday from LV and my order came in today.

Mitchell Andrus
01-06-2010, 3:39 PM
I placed an order in March of '10 and I'm still waiting. Must have been a busy Christmas season. I just wanted to see if anyone is actually reading this thread, or just posting.

Myk Rian
01-06-2010, 3:42 PM
It seems all the companies have been covered. Which one did you order from?

Rod Sheridan
01-06-2010, 3:58 PM
I placed an order in March of '10 and I'm still waiting. Must have been a busy Christmas season. I just wanted to see if anyone is actually reading this thread, or just posting.

Mitch, your shipment is coming via the T.A.R.D.I.S.:D

Eddie Darby
01-06-2010, 4:11 PM
This time of year is really busy with all the returns, and all the gift certificates turning up all at the same time. Throw in free shipping and something has to give!!!

I just hope that LV will do the free shipping event more often!

This just might be the real reason the economy has been jump started!

Hmmmm! Free Shipping!:o:o:o;)

mike holden
01-06-2010, 5:01 PM
Mitch,
you only have three more months till you place your order (grin!)

"I placed an order in March of '10 and I'm still waiting."

Mike
Ps. wont you be my friend?

Larry Fox
01-06-2010, 5:10 PM

Hang on - don't mean to hijack the thread but LN had / has Free Shipping? How did I miss this?

Leo Vogel
01-06-2010, 5:48 PM
Ha, Ha. Everybody was complaining about Hartville’s website and how difficult it was to use. I placed my order in the morning and they shipped UPS that afternoon. I’m using the tool right now. No waiting, outstanding service.

Jeff Willard
01-06-2010, 6:47 PM
Hang on - don't mean to hijack the thread but LN had / has Free Shipping? How did I miss this?

I found it in the Deals & Discounts forum.

Kevin Groenke
01-06-2010, 6:52 PM
I placed an order from McMaster Carr at 3:00pm on Monday had it 11:00am on Tuesday. Rarely does an order from MMC take longer the 24 hrs to get from their Chicago warehouse to my Minneapolis shop. Shipping is usually $5-$7, a bit more if oversized or in a tube.

kg

Mark Maleski
01-06-2010, 7:06 PM
I bought a skew rabbet plane fromLV between Christmas and New Years (if my family wasn't going to get me any wwing gifts....). I ordered it on a Sunday evening, and received an email Monday morning at 8:30 that it'd been shipped. IIRC it arrived that Wednesday. I am now officially spoiled.

Mitchell Andrus
01-06-2010, 7:29 PM
I placed an order from McMaster Carr at 3:00pm on Monday had it 11:00am on Tuesday. Rarely does an order from MMC take longer the 24 hrs to get from their Chicago warehouse to my Minneapolis shop. Shipping is usually $5-$7, a bit more if oversized or in a tube.

kg

I can beat that.

Absolutely true, on my Grandmother's grave.... I ordered some 5mm keystock from McMaster-Car at about 10:00am and it was delivered at about 2:30 the same day via private courier. I called and asked... they sent it along with an order that was headed to my town that pm anyway. They didn't charge for shipping. The sale was what??... $5.00?

Now that's customer service.

Mitchell Andrus
01-06-2010, 7:32 PM

Woodworker's Supply had $1.00 shipping just before the holidays. I ordered over 100 pounds worth of shelving parts and drawer slides.