View Full Version : Help triton respirator and/or AC adapter

Hilel Salomon
01-06-2010, 1:19 PM
Hope someone can help me. Some time ago, I bought a Triton respirator and use it occasionally. I found the charge waning, but when I came to recharge it, I can't figure out which adapter to use... Got too many. The batteries are 500 amps each (two of them) and I have adapters that go 500 and some that go 1000 amps. When I called the Triton distributor, I was told that they didn't have any and didn't know what adapter to use. Same with Craft, where I bought it. Woodworkers Supply still carries them, but told me that they didn't have any on hand.
I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thanks, Hilel.

Steve Schlumpf
01-06-2010, 1:32 PM
Hilel,

I don't have the Triton but was able to find on-line that the charger is 9 volt 500 ma - that's milli-amps.

RL Johnson
01-06-2010, 6:36 PM
I have a Triton and Steve is correct. The brand name on mine is HOYOA class 2 power unit, Model: BHY41-9.0V-500mA.

Terry Gerros
01-07-2010, 3:59 AM
Go to airwareamerica.com, they have the charger available for $29.00. Click on Triton Workshop Systems, then scroll down to order the part.

PRA 023 Triton Battery Charger

Your Price: $29.00

Item Number: PRA 023
Manufacturer: Triton
Manufacturer Part No: PRA 023

Condition: New

Replacement battery charger for the Triton Respirator.

Regards,
Terry

Hilel Salomon
01-07-2010, 8:50 AM
Thanks All.

Steve, you never cease to amaze me. I had googled Triton, but thought only of calling them up. Thanks for the info. RL and Terry. I found a charger that came very close to being the one RL has and it works. Terry's site is now on my bookmarks in case I need parts for the Triton.

Thanks again,

Hilel.

Don Butler
05-16-2014, 11:28 AM
I lost track of my ac adapter, too. So in trying to find out what one to choose I disassembled the battery pack. When I first looked into the case it looked like only 2 NiCad D cells, but that wouldn't add up. They're only 1.2vdc each. Looking further I found 3 more on the other side of the plastic casting. That makes more sense - 5 cells at 1.2 vdc each makes 6vdc total (series connection)
it does make me wonder, though about the rating on the charger. 9v?
Oh well, it's the one that came with it.
It works.

Regards,